Compaq Armada 6500 Notebook PC series ESS Maestro Sound Controller Support 3.05 for Windows 98 Publisher's description
Compaq Armada 6500 Notebook PC series ESS Maestro Sound Controller Support 3.05 for Windows 98
This is the same version of this driver that was originally included with the Armada 6500 notebooks. It is not an upgrade. It is included here as a convenience to customers who may need to restore the driver to their system for any reason.
SOFTPAQ NUMBER: SP8185
PART NUMBER: N/A
FILE NAME: N/A
TITLE: Armada 6500 Series Audio Support for Windows 95/98
LANGUAGE: US English
PRODUCTS AFFECTED: Armada 6500 Series
OPERATING SYSTEM: Microsoft Windows 95
Microsoft Windows 98
SYSTEM CONFIGURATION: ESS Maestro Sound controller
EFFECTIVE DATE: September 9, 1998
ELECTRONIC DISTRIBUTION ALLOWED: Yes
SOFTPAQ UTILITY VERSION: 3.1
Unpacks the files needed to install Windows 95/98 drivers
and applets to support the ESS Maestro Sound Controller in
Armada 6500 Series notebooks. Optionally, an installation diskette can be created.
Applets included in this SoftPaq:
Audiorack (mixer) -- audrack.exe
CD player -- cdplayer.exe
Midi player -- midiplay.exe
Wave file player -- daplayer.exe
These are the same versions of these drivers originally included with the Armada 6500 Series. It is not an upgrade. It is included here as a convenience to customers who may need to restore it to their notebook for any reason.
HOW TO USE:
1. Download the SoftPaq to a temporary, empty directory on your hard drive. The file downloaded is a self-extracting executable with a filename based on the SoftPaq Number above.
2. Execute the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions. Enter "Y" to confirm the unpacking of files into the download directory.
3. After the files have been unpacked, you may delete the self-extracting file downloaded in step 1.
4. The driver may be installed directly from the files on the download directory or a diskette can be created. To create a diskette, run MAKEDISK.BAT. To install, refer to the README.TXT file for instructions.
5. After the driver has been installed, you may delete the files from the download directory if you wish.
Copyright 1998, Compaq Computer Corporation. All rights reserved.
Product names mentioned herein may be trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies.