Compaq Armada 6500 Notebook PC series DBLBUFF.SYS Updatet 02/05/99 for Windows 98 Publisher's description
Compaq Armada 6500 Notebook PC series DBLBUFF.SYS Updatet 02/05/99 for Windows 98
Unpacks files needed to create a bootable patch diskette used to update the DBLBUFF.SYS file. Booting from this diskette automatically runs an AUTOEXEC.BAT file that performs the update. This update fixes a potential problem with disk caching.
SOFTPAQ NUMBER: SP8223
PART NUMBER: N/A
FILE NAME: DBLBUFF.SYS
TITLE: Armada 6500 DBLBUFF.SYS Update for Windows 98
LANGUAGE: US English
PRODUCTS AFFECTED: Compaq Armada 6500 Series
OPERATING SYSTEM: Microsoft Windows 98
SYSTEM CONFIGURATION: N/A
EFFECTIVE DATE: February 22, 1999
ELECTRONIC DISTRIBUTION ALLOWED: Yes
SOFTPAQ UTILITY VERSION: 3.1
Unpacks files needed to create a bootable patch diskette used to update the DBLBUFF.SYS file in Windows 98 for the Armada 6500 Series notebooks. Booting from this diskette automatically runs an AUTOEXEC.BAT file that performs the update. This update fixes a potential problem with disk caching.
HOW TO USE:
1. Download the SoftPaq to a temporary, empty directory on your hard drive. The file downloaded is a self-extracting executable with a filename based on the SoftPaq Number above.
2. Execute the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions. Enter "Y" to confirm the unpacking of files into the download directory.
3. After the files have been unpacked, you may delete the self-extracting file downloaded in step 1.
4. Obtain a blank formatted diskette. To create the diskette, run QRST5.EXE from the DBLBUFF directory created in the download directory when the Softpaq is executed, and follow the on-screen directions.
5. After the diskette has been created, you may delete the files from the download directory if you wish.
6. To install the update, turn off the notebook, insert the created diskette,then turn the notebook back on and let it boot from the diskette. The update is applied automatically. After successful completion, remove the diskette and reboot the notebook again as usual.
Copyright 1999, Compaq Computer Corporation. All rights reserved.
Product names mentioned herein may be trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies.