Compaq Armada 1100 Notebook PC series System ROMPaq 5L_0923.99 A for Windows 98 Publisher's description
Compaq Armada 1100 Notebook PC series System ROMPaq 5L_0923.99 A for Windows 98
Creates the ROMPaq Firmware Upgrade Diskette for the Compaq Armada, which allows a user to upgrade the System ROM. The ROM Family and ROM date can be determined by running F10 Setup.
SOFTPAQ NUMBER: SP12195
PART NUMBER: 273683-007
FILE NAME: N/A
TITLE: ROMPaq Upgrade for Armada 1130/1130T (23 September 1999)
VERSION: 5L_0923.99 Rev. A
LANGUAGE: US English
PRODUCTS AFFECTED: Compaq Armada 1130/1130T Series
OPERATING SYSTEM: IBM OS/2
Microsoft Windows 3.x and MS-DOS
Microsoft Windows 95
Microsoft Windows 98
Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 3.5
Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0
SYSTEM CONFIGURATION: N/A
EFFECTIVE DATE: November 10, 1999
ELECTRONIC DISTRIBUTION ALLOWED: Yes
SOFTPAQ UTILITY VERSION: 4.0
SUPERSEDES: SP4190 (ROM dated 07/18/97)
DESCRIPTION: Creates the ROMpaq Firmware Upgrade Diskette for
the Compaq Armada, which allows a user to upgrade the System ROM on an Armada 1130/1130T notebook to a 09/23/99 System ROM.
The ROM Family and ROM date can be determined by running F10 Setup.
- NSTL YMark2000 is removed from 09/23/99 version to preserve NSTL
This version includes the following enhancements/fixes that were also implemented in a previous ROM version dated 07/18/97:
- Refines the functionality of the battery gauge to more accurately report remaining battery power.
- Revises keyboard mapping to allow only one letter keystroke to be recorded when multiple keys are accidentally struck.
HOW TO USE:
1. Obtain a formatted 1.44-MB diskette.
2. Download the SoftPaq to a directory on your hard drive and change to that directory. The file that is downloaded is an executable with a filename based on the SoftPaq Number above.
3. From that drive and directory, execute the downloaded file
and follow the on-screen instructions. You will be prompted to
insert the formatted diskette in a drive to create the diskette.
4. After the diskette has been created, you may delete the
SoftPaq file downloaded in step 2.
5. Power down the Armada notebook computer.
6. Place the newly created Compaq Armada ROMpaq Diskette in Drive A:
NOTE: It is highly recommended to connect the notebook to A/C power rather than relying on battery power to complete the ROM upgrade.
7. Power up the notebook.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT TURN OFF POWER TO THE SYSTEM WHILE PERFORMING THIS PROCEDURE!
8. Follow the instructions on the screen to upgrade the System ROM.
Copyright 1999, Compaq Computer Corporation. All rights reserved.
Product names mentioned herein may be trademarks and/or registered
trademarks of their respective companies.