Compaq Armada 1100 Notebook PC series Speedpaq 288 Modem and Global 28.8 Modem ROMPaq 1.22 A for Windows NT 3.51 Publisher's description
Compaq Armada 1100 Notebook PC series Speedpaq 288 Modem and Global 28.8 Modem ROMPaq 1.22 A for Windows NT 3.51
This software upgrades the modem ROM of the SpeedPaq 288 Telephony Modem or the Global 28.8 Telephony Modem.
SOFTPAQ NUMBER: SP3072
PART NUMBER: 186085-010
FILE NAME: N/A
TITLE: SpeedPaq 288/Global 28.8 Telephony Modem ROM
PRODUCTS AFFECTED: SpeedPaq 288 Telephony Modem and Global 28.8
Telephony Modem, for use with the following Compaq notebook computers:
LTE Elite, Armada 1100 and 4100 Series, LTE 5000 Series,
Presario 1000 Series
OPERATING SYSTEM: N/A
SYSTEM CONFIGURATION: N/A
EFFECTIVE DATE: 08 Apr 1997
ELECTRONIC DISTRIBUTION ALLOWED: Yes
DESCRIPTION: Creates a diskette to upgrade the modem ROM to
Version 1.22 for a SpeedPaq 288 Telephony Modem or a Global 28.8
Change since Version 1.21:
The modem will now detect a softer answer tone in the Netherlands.
The modem will occasionally send and receive garbled data at 21600, when all of the following conditions exist:
- The SpeedPaq is the answering modem.
- The symbol rate is 3429.
- A non-error-corrected link has been established with a USR Courier external modem. A work-around to prevent this is to set S51 and S52 to 15.
HOW TO USE:
1. Obtain a formatted 1.44 MB diskette.
2. Download the SoftPaq to a directory on your hard drive and change to that directory. The file that is downloaded is SP3072.EXE.
3. From that drive and directory, execute the SoftPaq file:
You will be prompted to place the formatted 1.44 MB diskette into a diskette drive to create the diskette.
4. After the diskette is created, you may delete the downloaded file SP3072.EXE if you wish.
5. Run CPQFLASH from the diskette to upgrade your modem.
Copyright 1997, Compaq Computer Corporation. All rights reserved.
Product names mentioned herein may be trademarks and/or registered
trademarks of their respective companies.