Compaq Armada 1500c Notebook PC Hard Drive Firmware Upgrade Utility BIOS 1.00 A for Windows 98 Publisher's description
Compaq Armada 1500c Notebook PC Hard Drive Firmware Upgrade Utility BIOS 1.00 A for Windows 98
This SoftPaq creates one diskette with a utility that is only for the products listed below that have a Toshiba hard drive installed and Drive lock or drive security enabled.
SOFTPAQ NUMBER: SP14830
PART NUMBER: N/A
FILE NAME: N/A
TITLE: Toshiba Hard Drive Firmware Upgrade Utility
VERSION: 1.00 Rev A
Armada 1700, Armada 1750, Armada 1500C;
Prosignia 120, Prosignia 140, and Prosignia 160
OPERATING SYSTEM: N/A
Toshiba 4-, 6-, or 10-GB hard drive with Drivelock enabled;
must be installed in the primary drive location of the system,
not in the secondary or multibay slot.
EFFECTIVE DATE: July 10, 2000
ELECTRONIC DISTRIBUTION ALLOWED: Yes
SOFTPAQ UTILITY VERSION: 5.X
This SoftPaq creates one diskette with a utility that is only
for the products listed above in PRODUCTS AFFECTED that have a Toshiba hard drive installed and Drive lock or drive security enabled. This utility upgrades the hard drive firmware to resolve occurrences of error code 1790 when a computer that meets the above critera is restarted.
HOW TO USE:
1. Download the SoftPaq to a directory on your hard drive.
The file downloaded is a self-extracting executable with a filename based on the SoftPaq Number above.
2. Execute the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions. Enter "Y" to confirm the unpacking of files into the download directory.
3. After the files have been unpacked, you may delete the self-extracting file downloaded in step 1.
4. For installation instructions, refer to README.TXT in the created directory.
5. After the installation is completed, you may delete the files unpacked in step 2.
Copyright 2000, Compaq Computer Corporation. All rights reserved.
Product names mentioned herein may be trademarks and/or registered
trademarks of their respective companies.