Compaq Armada 1500 Notebook PC series System Enhancements 2.00 A for Windows 95 Publisher's description
Compaq Armada 1500 Notebook PC series System Enhancements 2.00 A for Windows 95
This contains the System Enhancements for Windows 95 for the specific Armada notebook models listed below in PRODUCTS AFFECTED.
SOFTPAQ NUMBER: SP4896
PART NUMBER: 291785-001
FILE NAME: N/A
TITLE: Armada System Enhancements for Windows 95
VERSION: 2.00 Rev A
LANGUAGE: US English
Armada 7300 Series
Armada 7700 Series
Armada 4200 Series
Armada SB 5200/32/3.2/D
Armada SB 5200/32/3.2/DM
Armada SB 5233/32/4.0/DT
Armada SB 5233/32/4.0/DMT
Presario 1710 SB
OPERATING SYSTEM: Microsoft Windows 95
SYSTEM CONFIGURATION: N/A
EFFECTIVE DATE: 3 October 1997
ELECTRONIC DISTRIBUTION ALLOWED: Yes
SOFTPAQ UTILITY VERSION: 3.1
DESCRIPTION: Unpacks the files needed to install the Armada System
Enhancements for Windows 95 for the models mentioned above in PRODUCTS AFFECTED. Optionally creates an installation diskette.
Enhancements/Fixes: This is the same version of this software originally included on these models. It is not an upgrade. It is offered here as a convenience for users who may need to restore it to their system for any reason.
HOW TO USE:
1. Download the SoftPaq to a directory on your hard drive.
The file downloaded is a self-extracting executable with a filename based on the SoftPaq Number above.
2. Execute the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions. Entering "Y" to confirm the unpacking of files creates a new directory folder in the download directory. All files are unpacked into this newly created directory.
To create the optional installation diskette, run MAKEDISK.BAT and
follow on-screen instructions.
3. After the directory has been created, you may delete the
self-extracting file downloaded in step 1.
4. To install, run SETUP.EXE. For example, enter:
where [path] is the drive and directory created in step 2
- or -
a diskette drive letter if using the optional installation diskette
Follow the on-screen instructions.
5. After the installation is completed, you may delete the directory created in step 2 if you wish.
Copyright 1997/1998, Compaq Computer Corporation. All rights reserved.
Product names mentioned herein may be trademarks and/or registered
trademarks of their respective companies.