Compaq Armada 1500 Notebook PC series Security Management 2.40 A for Windows 2000 Publisher's description
Compaq Armada 1500 Notebook PC series Security Management 2.40 A for Windows 2000
Compaq Security Management allows users to set up hardware security options for the supported products and operating systems listed below.
SOFTPAQ NUMBER: SP18066
PART NUMBER: N/A
FILE NAME: N/A
TITLE: Compaq Security Management
VERSION: 2.40 A
LANGUAGE: English (US)
CATEGORY: Software Solutions
PRODUCTS AFFECTED: Compaq Evo N600c Series
Compaq Evo N400c Series
Compaq Armada E500 Family
Compaq Armada V300 Family
Compaq Armada E700 Family
Compaq Armada M700 Family
Compaq Armada M300 Family
Compaq Armada 7700 Family
Compaq Armada 7400 Family
Compaq Armada 7300 Family
Compaq Armada 7800 Family
Compaq Armada 3500 Family
Compaq Armada 1700 Family
Compaq Armada 1750 Family
Compaq Armada 4100 Family
Compaq Armada 4200 Family
Compaq Armada 1500 Family
OPERATING SYSTEM: Microsoft Windows 95
Microsoft Windows 98
Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0
Microsoft Windows 2000
Microsoft Windows Me
Microsoft Windows XP
SYSTEM CONFIGURATION: N/A
EFFECTIVE DATE: August 23, 2001
ELECTRONIC DISTRIBUTION ALLOWED: Yes
SOFTPAQ UTILITY VERSION: 5.0
Compaq Security Management allows users to set up hardware security options for the products and the operating systems listed above.
- Add option to set multiboot popup delay time
- Use more reliable method to get battery information on new systems
- Remove support for power-on password related options.
- Fix uninstall error on Windows NT.
- Support USB Floppy and USB CD-ROM boot options.
HOW TO USE:
1. Download the SoftPaq to a directory on your hard drive.
The file downloaded is a self-extracting executable with a filename based on the SoftPaq Number above.
2. Execute the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions. Confirm the unpacking of files creates a new directory folder in the download directory. All files are unpacked into this newly created directory.
To create the optional installation diskette(s), run MAKEDISK.BAT and follow on-screen instructions.
3. After the directory has been created, you may delete the
self-extracting file downloaded in step 1.
4. To install, refer to README.TXT in the created directory.
5. After the installation is completed, you may delete the directory created in step 2 if you wish.
Copyright 2001, Compaq Computer Corporation. All rights reserved.
Product names mentioned herein may be trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies.