Compaq Armada 1500 Notebook PC series Netelligent 56K ISA Fax Modem Firmware Upgrade 1.00 A for Windows 95 Publisher's description
Compaq Armada 1500 Notebook PC series Netelligent 56K ISA Fax Modem Firmware Upgrade 1.00 A for Windows 95
This SoftPaq creates a diskette used to upgrade the firmware for a Compaq Netelligent 56K ISA Data/Fax Modem.
ROMPAQ NUMBER: SP3843
PART NUMBER: N/A
FILE NAME: N/A
TITLE: Compaq Netelligent 56K ISA Modem Firmware Upgrade
PRODUCTS AFFECTED: Compaq Netelligent 56K ISA Data/Fax Modem (Firmware Ver .519)
OPERATING SYSTEM: Microsoft Windows 95 (DOS session), Windows 3.1, or MS DOS 6.2
SYSTEM CONFIGURATION: IBM Compatible 486DX2/66 or greater with 4 MB system RAM, at least 35MB of free hard disk space, and an empty ISA slot
EFFECTIVE DATE: 01 August 1997
ELECTRONIC DISTRIBUTION ALLOWED: Yes
SOFTPAQ UTILITY VERSION: 2.x
DESCRIPTION: Creates a diskette used to upgrade the firmware version to 1.00 for a Compaq Netelligent 56K ISA Data/Fax Modem with firmware version .519.
This version fixes the following problems:
- AT#VTS locks up modem when it is onhook.
- Voice call first V.8 CI has no cadence.
- Intermittently connections are too aggressive, causing data errors in normal mode.
- TX power of ATDT and #VTS tones are too low.
- NVRAM initialization.
- Fax CNG tone detection.
- Connection problem with Lucent modem.
- V.61 voice call should be activated first.
- No attempt to do K56flex in voice mode.
- Modem does not send Link Disconnect.
- Adaptive answer +FAE timeout.
- VRPI/V80 underrun.
- Allows retrains to re-evaluate K56 connections.
- Lockup when answer tone is not seen.
- Receive speed is not reported in VRPI mode.
- Modem can't detect RING after a DTR drop.
- Lockup when key abort on originate modem during answer tone.
- Hang-up and DTR drop causes the modem to act differently.
HOW TO USE:
1. Obtain a formatted 1.44-MB diskette.
2. Download the SoftPaq to a directory on your hard drive and change to that directory. The file that is downloaded is an executable with a filename based on the SoftPaq Number above.
3. From that drive and directory, execute the downloaded file
and follow the on-screen instructions. You will be prompted to
insert the formatted diskette in a drive to create the diskette.
4. After the diskette has been created, you may delete the
SoftPaq file downloaded in step 2.
5. Refer to the README.TXT file on the diskette for upgrade instructions.
Copyright 1997, Compaq Computer Corporation. All rights reserved.
Product names mentioned herein may be trademarks and/or registered
trademarks of their respective companies.