Compaq Armada 1500 Notebook PC series Modem ROMPaq 5.22 A for Windows 3.1 Publisher's description
Compaq Armada 1500 Notebook PC series Modem ROMPaq 5.22 A for Windows 3.1
Creates a bootable ROMPaq diskette to upgrade the firmware of the modem.
SOFTPAQ NUMBER: SP6302
PART NUMBER: 284727-004
FILE NAME: CPQFLASH.EXE
TITLE: Armada 1500 Series Modem ROMPaq Upgrade
LANGUAGE: US English
PRODUCTS AFFECTED: Compaq Armada 1500 Series
OPERATING SYSTEM: Microsoft Windows 95
SYSTEM CONFIGURATION: Standard 33.6-Kbps integrated modem
EFFECTIVE DATE: 29 January 1998
ELECTRONIC DISTRIBUTION ALLOWED: Yes
SOFTPAQ UTILITY VERSION: 2.x
DESCRIPTION: Creates a bootable ROMPaq diskette used with Armada 1500 Series notebooks to upgrade the firmware of the integrated 33.6-Kbps modem.
Enhancements/Fixes for this version include:
- Increased dial string buffer to allow long telephone numbers
to be dialed when using certain calling cards
- Improved compatibility with some older V.34 modems
HOW TO USE:
1. Obtain a formatted 1.44-MB diskette.
2. Download the SoftPaq to a directory on your hard drive and change to that directory. The file that is downloaded is an executable with a filename based on the SoftPaq Number above.
3. From that drive and directory, execute the downloaded file
and follow the on-screen instructions. You will be prompted to
insert the formatted diskette in a drive to create the diskette.
4. After the diskette has been created, you may delete the
SoftPaq file downloaded in step 2.
5. To upgrade the modem firmware, boot from the diskette by restarting the notebook with the created diskette in drive A:.
Copyright 1998, Compaq Computer Corporation. All rights reserved.
Product names mentioned herein may be trademarks and/or registered
trademarks of their respective companies.