Compaq Armada 1500 Notebook PC series C&T 68554, 68555 & 6555x Video Drivers 1.3.9 A for Windows 3.1 Publisher's description
Compaq Armada 1500 Notebook PC series C&T 68554, 68555 & 6555x Video Drivers 1.3.9 A for Windows 3.1
Unpacks files needed to install the Chips and Technologies video driver. Optionally creates an installation diskette.
SOFTPAQ NUMBER: SP5658
PART NUMBER: N/A
FILE NAME: N/A
TITLE: Notebook Windows 3.x Video Driver
VERSION: 1.3.9 Rev A
LANGUAGE: US English
PRODUCTS AFFECTED: Compaq Armada 1540 and 1590
Compaq Armada 1560 and 1592
Compaq Presario 1710SB
Compaq Armada 1570/1571/1572/1573/1598
Compaq Armada SB 5200/32/3.2/D
Compaq Armada SB 5200/32/3.2/DM
Compaq Armada SB 5233/32/4.0/DT
Compaq Armada SB 5233/32/4.0/DMT
Compaq Armada SB 5233/S/2100/D/0/1
Compaq Armada SB 5233/S/3200/D/M/2
Compaq Armada SB 6233/T/3200/D/0/1
Compaq Armada SB 6233/T/3200/D/M/2
Compaq Armada 1700 6266/T/4000/D/M/1
Compaq Armada 1700 6266/T/4000/D/0/1
Compaq Armada 1700 6233/T/4000/D/M/1
Compaq Armada 1700 6233/T/4000/D/M/2
Compaq Armada 1700 6233/T/4000/D/0/1
Compaq Armada 1700 6233/T/4000/D/0/2
OPERATING SYSTEM: Microsoft Windows 3.x
SYSTEM CONFIGURATION: N/A
EFFECTIVE DATE: 12 January 1998
ELECTRONIC DISTRIBUTION ALLOWED: Yes
SOFTPAQ UTILITY VERSION: 3.1
DESCRIPTION: Unpacks files needed to install the Chips & Technologies video driver for Windows 3.x for the Armada and Presario notebook models mentioned above. Optionally creates an installation diskette.
Enhancements/Fixes: This softpaq resolves the following issues.
- DOS display losing sync under NTSC-TV.
- Inability to change color or resolution when display is on TV.
- Losing mouse cursor when Windows is started with POPUP active.
HOW TO USE:
1. Download the SoftPaq to a directory on your hard drive.
The file downloaded is a self-extracting executable with a filename based on the SoftPaq Number above.
2. Execute the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions. Entering "Y" to confirm the unpacking of files creates a new directory folder in the download directory. All files are unpacked into this newly created directory.
To create the optional installation diskette, run MAKEDISK.BAT and
follow on-screen instructions.
3. After the directory has been created, you may delete the
self-extracting file downloaded in step 1.
4. To install, run SETUP.EXE. For example, enter:
where [path] is the drive and directory created in step 2
- or -
a diskette drive letter if using the optional installation diskette
Follow the on-screen instructions.
5. After the installation is completed, you may delete the directory created in step 2 if you wish.
Copyright 1997, 1998, Compaq Computer Corporation. All rights reserved.
Product names mentioned herein may be trademarks and/or registered
trademarks of their respective companies.