Compaq Armada 1500 Notebook PC series 20x CD-ROM Firmware Upgrade 1.01 A for Windows 95 Publisher's description
Compaq Armada 1500 Notebook PC series 20x CD-ROM Firmware Upgrade 1.01 A for Windows 95
Creates a bootable 20x CD-ROM Firmware Upgrade Diskette which allows a user to upgrade the CD-ROM Drive firmware to Version 1.01.
SOFTPAQ NUMBER: SP5237
PART NUMBER: 255306-001
FILE NAME: N/A
TITLE: Armada 20x CD-ROM Firmware Upgrade
VERSION: 1.01 Rev A
PRODUCTS AFFECTED: Compaq Armada 1540 and 1590 notebooks
OPERATING SYSTEM: N/A
SYSTEM CONFIGURATION: N/A
EFFECTIVE DATE: 13 October 1997
ELECTRONIC DISTRIBUTION ALLOWED: Yes
SOFTPAQ UTILITY VERSION: 2.x
DESCRIPTION: Creates a bootable 20x CD-ROM Firmware Upgrade Diskette for Compaq Armada 1540 and 1590 notebooks, which allows a user to upgrade the CD-ROM Drive firmware to Version 1.01.
- Improves the 20x CD-ROM drive spindown feature to correctly handle out of specification CDs, permitting the uninterrupted transfer of data from the CD media.
HOW TO USE:
1. Obtain a formatted 1.44-MB diskette.
2. Download the SoftPaq to a directory on your hard drive and change to that directory. The file that is downloaded is an executable with a filename based on the SoftPaq Number above.
3. From that drive and directory, execute the downloaded file
and follow the on-screen instructions. You will be prompted to
insert the formatted diskette in a drive to create the diskette.
4. After the diskette has been created, you may delete the
SoftPaq file downloaded in step 2.
5. Read carefully the installation instructions in the README.TXT file on the diskette.
6. Power down the computer, then power it up, following the instructions from the README.TXT file (see step 5) to upgrade the CD-ROM firmware.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT TURN OFF POWER TO THE SYSTEM WHILE PERFORMING
Copyright 1997, Compaq Computer Corporation. All rights reserved.
Product names mentioned herein may be trademarks and/or registered
trademarks of their respective companies.