Compaq Armada 3500 Notebook PC series System ROMPaq 686E_99.1130 A for Windows 2000 Publisher's description
Compaq Armada 3500 Notebook PC series System ROMPaq 686E_99.1130 A for Windows 2000
Creates a 11/30/99 version ROMpaq diskette for the System ROM.
SOFTPAQ NUMBER: SP12834
PART NUMBER: 277315-005
FILE NAME: N/A
Armada 3500 ROMPaq Upgrade Diskette (30 November 1999)
LANGUAGE: US English
Compaq Armada 3500 6266/T/4100/0/0/1
Compaq Armada 3500 6266/T/4100/0/0/2
Compaq Armada 3500 6266/T/4100/0/0/3
Compaq Armada 3500 6300/T/6400/0/0/1
Compaq Armada 3500 6300/T/6400/0/0/3
Compaq Armada 3500 6333/T/4000/0/0/1
Compaq Armada 3500 6333/T/4000/0/0/2
Compaq Armada 3500 6333/T/4000/0/0/3
Compaq Armada 3500 6366/T/6400/0/0/1
Compaq Armada 3500 6366/T/6400/0/0/2
Compaq Armada 3500 6366/T/6400/0/0/3
Microsoft Windows 3.x and MS-DOS
Microsoft Windows 95
Microsoft Windows 98
Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 3.5
Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0
Microsoft Windows 2000
SYSTEM CONFIGURATION: N/A
EFFECTIVE DATE: January 17, 2000
ELECTRONIC DISTRIBUTION ALLOWED: Yes
SOFTPAQ UTILITY VERSION: 4.0
SUPERSEDES: SP10867 (ROM dated 04 June 1999)
Creates a 11/30/99 version ROMpaq diskette for the System ROM in Armada 3500 Series notebooks.
- Corrects a lockup condition which may occur during POST due to an EEPROM corruption issue.
- Prevents system from automatically entering F10 Setup on resume from Standby under Win98 ACPI.
- Resolves a video corruption that occurs on resume from Standby under Windows 3.1x.
- Corrects a boot-order configuration issue which allowed a system to boot to a CD-ROM when a diskette is installed in the Floppy Drive.
- Corrects a lockup condition that occurs during Microsoft Windows 2000 installation. Enhancements in this release include changes that were also implemented in previous ROM versions dated 12/18/98, 05/14/99, and 06/04/99:
- Y2K code update to correct a rare failure occurrence when running NSTL??пїЅs Ymark2000 Test, version 99.01.01
- Provides proper functioning of USB devices after resume from standby in ACPI mode.
- Correctly displays DMA resources of audio device in ACPI mode.
- Resolved ACPI suspend/resume from hanging on resume.
- Changed the ACPI code to correctly detect the internal modem after a docking event.
- Ensures that a docked system will be able to suspend or hibernate successfully on critical lowbatt.
- Restores Fn-Hotkey functionality.
- Resolves HDD LED to remain illuminated.
- Resolves DriveLock and Power-On password issues.
- Corrects hibernation functionality issues under Real DOS mode.
- Enables proper system recovery from hibernation with video.
- Adds support for additional PS/2 Barcode readers.
HOW TO USE:
1. Obtain a formatted 1.44-MB diskette.
2. Download the SoftPaq to a directory on your hard drive and change to that directory. The file that is downloaded is an executable with a filename based on the SoftPaq Number above.
3. Place the 1.44-MB diskette in Drive A:. Execute the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
4. After the diskette has been created, you may delete the SoftPaq file downloaded in step 2. Power down the computer.
6. Place the newly created Compaq Armada 3500 ROMpaq Diskette in Drive A: and power up the computer. Follow the instructions on the screen to upgrade the System ROM.
DO NOT TURN OFF POWER TO THE SYSTEM WHILE PERFORMING
Copyright 2000, Compaq Computer Corporation. All rights reserved.
Product names mentioned herein may be trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies.