Vostro Notebook 1700 PBDS Pioneer DVR-K17YA SLIM 8X DVD+/-RW 0.96, A03 for Windows XP Publisher's description
Vostro Notebook 1700 PBDS Pioneer DVR-K17YA SLIM 8X DVD+/-RW 0.96, A03 for Windows XP
Level of Importance: Optional
Dell recommends the customer review specifics about the update to determine if it applies to your system. The update contains changes that impact only certain configurations, or provides new features that may/may not apply to your environment.
This is a Windows based firmware flash utility.
Administrative rights may be required on your system for this utility yo work.
Inspiron 640m / E1405
Dell Precision Mobile WorkStation M90
Dell Precision Mobile WorkStation M6300
Vostro Notebook 1000
Vostro Notebook 1400
Vostro Notebook 1500
Vostro Notebook 1700
Microsoft Windows Vista 32-bit
Microsoft Windows 2000
Microsoft Windows Vista 64-bit
Microsoft Windows XP
Fixes and Enhancements
This firmware release resolves the following:
1) Improves drives ability to read marginal media.
2)Fixes resume from sleep hang issue on Optiplex 740 system.
Custom Instructions for R166917.ZIP:
1. Unzip the files to a directory on your hard drive.
2. Double click on the flash utility (UPK17YA).
3. Click on Yes to begin.
4. Wait until flash process is complete.
5. Click on Yes to reboot system.
Fixes and Enhancements
- Improve the burn compatibility using Windows Vista SP1 native application.
This is a Windows/DOS based firmware flash update for PBDS DS-8W1P Slim 8x DVD+/-RW
Windows based firmware flash update for PBDS DS-8W1P SLIM 8X DVD+/-RW:-
1. Download and unzip the DS-8W1P_BD1C.zip into your desktop.
2. In вЂњDS-8W1P_BD1CвЂќ folder, please search for the вЂњWindowsвЂќ folder.
3. In вЂњWindowsвЂќ folder, please make sure you have the administrator right, and double click on вЂњBD1CWIN.EXEвЂќ and click on вЂњYesвЂќ to proceed.
4. Click on вЂњUpdateвЂќ button. This may take as long as two minutes. Please wait for the process to complete.
5. You should see вЂњFirmware has been updated successfully!вЂќ
6. Windows must restart to complete this operation, please save all data and click on вЂњNowвЂќ.
DOS based firmware flash update for PBDS DS-8W1P SLIM 8X DVD+/-RW:-
1. Unzip the DS-8W1P_BD1C.zip into your bootable USB key.
2. In вЂњDOSвЂќ folder, just type вЂњBD1CDOS.EXEвЂќ.
3. Please select вЂњ1вЂќ (assume this is the only optical drive) and wait for 2 minutes.
4. You should see вЂњFlash Successful!вЂќ
NOTE: Ensure before performing firmware update on a Dell notebook that the system is operating on AC power and not Battery only
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.