Vostro Notebook 1700 Intel Matrix Storage Manager - Notebooks 184.108.40.2060, A02 for Windows XP Publisher's description
Vostro Notebook 1700 Intel Matrix Storage Manager - Notebooks 220.127.116.110, A02 for Windows XP
Level of Importance: Optional
Dell recommends the customer review specifics about the update to determine if it applies to your system. The update contains changes that impact only certain configurations, or provides new features that may/may not apply to your environment.
Latitude ATG D630
Dell Precision Mobile WorkStation M6300
Vostro Notebook 1400
Vostro Notebook 1500
Vostro Notebook 1700
Dell Precision Mobile WorkStation M4300
Microsoft Windows Vista 32-bit
Microsoft Windows 2000
Microsoft Windows XP
Hard Drive Installation (via WinZip) from Device Manager for R154200.EXE
1.Click the location, e.g. Americas, from which you want to download the file.
2.When the File Download window appears, click Save this program to disk and click OK. The Save In window appears.
3.From the Save In drop-down menu, click to select Desktop and then click Save. The file will download to your desktop.
4.If a Download Complete window appears, click Close. A new icon appears on your desktop.
1. Double-click the new icon on the desktop labeled R154200.EXE.
2. The Self-Extractor window appears and prompts you to extract or unzip to C:DELLDRIVERSR154200. If you did not print these instructions, write down this path.
3. The WinZip Self-Extractor window appears
4. Click OK.
5. If the Self-Extractor window is still open, close it.
Removing Incorrectly Installed Driver First in Windows 9x or Me
1. Click the Start button, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
2. From the Control Panel, double-click System.
3. Click Device Manager.
4. Under Other Devices, click to highlight Unknown Device.
5. Click the Remove button at the bottom of the window. The device and category both disappear.
6. Click Refresh. The Hardware Wizard appears.
7. Click Next.
8. Click Specify the location of the driver and then click Next.
9. Click Search for the best driver and if there is not a check mark is in the checkbox next to Specify a location, click to put one there.
10. Click once in the textbox beneath Specify a location, type C:DELLDRIVERSR154200 and then click Next.
Windows finds the correct driver and asks you to verify it.
11. Click Next to install it.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.