Vostro Notebook 1700 HLDS GSA-T21N 12.7 tray IDE DVD+/-RW A102, A01 for Windows XP Publisher's description
Vostro Notebook 1700 HLDS GSA-T21N 12.7 tray IDE DVD+/-RW A102, A01 for Windows XP
Level of Importance: Recommended
This file may include updates from a previous release. To review the details and Criticality of previous releases. It is usually best to use the most current version. Only use an older version if there is a conflict with the newer version. For more information, click on Drivers Help.
1) This contains both Windows and DOS based firmware flash utility update for HLDS GSA-T21N 12.7 tray IDE DVD+/-RW.
2) Please close other applications before updating.
3) While the firmware is updating, please don't turn off the computer.
4) Please reboot the computer after the firmware update is completed.
Latitude ATG D620
Latitude ATG D630
Dell Precision Mobile WorkStation M65
Dell Precision Mobile WorkStation M90
Dell Precision WorkStation T3400
Dell Precision Mobile WorkStation M6300
Vostro Notebook 1000
Vostro Notebook 1400
Vostro Notebook 1500
Vostro Notebook 1700
Dell Precision Mobile WorkStation M4300
Microsoft Windows Vista 32-bit
Microsoft Windows Vista 64-bit
Microsoft Windows XP
Microsoft Windows XP x64
Fixes and Enhancements
Optimize optical driveвЂ™s BIST DVD offset and improve seek response.
1. Unzip ВЎВ§A102.zipВЎВЁ; there will be 2 folders, ВЎВ§DOSВЎВЁ and ВЎВ§WindowsВЎВЁ.
2. For Windows flash utility, please choose the ВЎВ§WindowsВЎВЁ folder. Click on ВЎВ§GSAT21NA102.exeВЎВЁ.
3. Ensure the target drive is referring to GSA-T21N drive. Click on ВЎВ§UPDATEВЎВЁ.
4. For DOS flash utility, please ensure this is used with a DOS bootable key.
5. Insert the DOS bootable key that is containing DOS flash utility into the system.
6. Change directory to ВЎВ§DOSВЎВЁ folder, and type ВЎВ§SUPDOST2 A102.prmВЎВЁ.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.