Vostro Notebook 1700 Dell DataSafe Online webpost fix, A00-00 for Windows XP Publisher's description
Vostro Notebook 1700 Dell DataSafe Online webpost fix, A00-00 for Windows XP
Level of Importance: Optional
Dell recommends the customer review specifics about the update to determine if it applies to your system. The update contains changes that impact only certain configurations, or provides new features that may/may not apply to your environment.
Inspiron Desktop 530
Inspiron Desktop 530S
Inspiron Desktop 531
Inspiron Desktop 531S
Vostro Desktop 200
Vostro Notebook 1000
Vostro Notebook 1500
Vostro Notebook 1700
XPS/Dimension XPS 710
XPS/Dimension XPS 710 H2C
XPS/Dimension XPS 720
XPS/Dimension XPS 720 H2C
Microsoft Windows Vista 32-bit
Microsoft Windows XP
This patch does not replace the current DataSafe Online application but only fixes this specific issue.
Custom Instructions for R172699.exe:
Hard Drive Installation (via WinZip) with HTML Pop-Up Window for
1.Click Download Now, to download the file.
2.When the File Download window appears, click Save this program to disk (Windows XP users, click Save) and click OK. The Save In: window appears.
3.From the Save In: field, click the down arrow then click to select Desktop and click Save. The file will download to your desktop.
4.If the Download Complete window appears, click Close. The file name icon appears on your desktop.
1.Double-click the new icon on the desktop labeled R172699.exe. The Self-Extractor window appears.
2.Click OK or Continue.
The Self-Extracting Driver Installation window appears and prompts to extract files to C:DELLDRIVERSR172699. Write down this path so the executable (i.e. dso_configfix.reg) can be found later.
3.Leave all of the default settings and click Unzip or OK. If the directory doesn't exist, you'll be prompted to create one. Click Yes. A Self Extractor window appears and indicates C:DELLDRIVERSR172699 files were extracted.
Now you are ready to proceed with installing the patch:
1. run C:DellDriversR172699dso-configfix.reg
2. If DataSafe Online is open (any error message boxes), press ok and close them.
3. User double-clicks on the patch named dso-configfix.reg
4. The user may be prompted for permission to continue to start the registry editor, press continue.
5. A warning will appear regarding "Adding information unintentionally can cause components to stop working correctly". Select "Yes" to continue.
6. The final screen should notify the user that the values and keys contained in the file have been updated. Press OK.
7. The patch is complete and has reset the entries to allow DataSafe Online to start properly.
8. It is safe to cancel the readme.txt window and patch screen window and start DataSafe Online.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.