Inspiron 1721 TEAC DW-224EV Slim 24X COMBO D.DB, A01 for Windows Vista 32-bit Publisher's description
Inspiron 1721 TEAC DW-224EV Slim 24X COMBO D.DB, A01 for Windows Vista 32-bit
Level of Importance: Recommended
Dell recommends applying this update during your next scheduled update cycle. The update contains feature enhancements or changes that will help keep your system software current and compatible with other system modules (firmware, BIOS, drivers and software).
1. Exit any active applications before starting the firmware update process.
2. Do not access the drive while update is in progress.
3. Do not stop the firmware update application.
4. Do not shutdown/turn off the power while the firmware update application is in progress.
5. This may take as long as 2 minutes.
Inspiron 640m / E1405
Latitude XFR D630
Latitude ATG D620
Latitude ATG D630
Dell Precision Mobile WorkStation M65
Dell Precision Mobile WorkStation M90
Dell Precision Mobile WorkStation M2300
Dell Precision Mobile WorkStation M6300
Vostro Notebook 1000
Vostro Notebook 1400
Vostro Notebook 1500
Vostro Notebook 1700
Vostro Notebook Dell 500
Dell Precision Mobile WorkStation M4300
Microsoft Windows Vista 32-bit
Microsoft Windows 2000
Microsoft Windows Vista 64-bit
Microsoft Windows XP
Fixes and Enhancements
- Enable DVD-RAM read function.
- Improve CD readability.
This is Windows/DOS firmware flash update for TEAC DW-224EV Slim 24X COMBO
Windows based firmware flash update for TEAC DW-224EV SLIM 24X COMBO:-
1. Download and unzip the DW-224EV_D.DB.zipinto your desktop.
2. In вЂњDW-224EV_D.DBвЂќ folder, please search for the вЂњWindowsвЂќ folder.
3. In вЂњWindowsвЂќ folder, please make sure you have the administrator right, and double click on вЂњDW224EV_DVDRAM.exeвЂќ. Please accept the license agreement by clicking on вЂњI AgreeвЂќ button.
4. Click on вЂњUpdateвЂќ button and click вЂњYesвЂќ button to proceed with the firmware update.
5. Just wait for the firmware update completion, you should see вЂњFirmware has updated successfullyвЂќ.
6. Please save all unsaved data before restarting your computer. Click вЂњYesвЂќ button to restart your computer.
DOS based firmware flash update for TEAC DW-224EV SLIM 24X COMBO:-
1. Unzip the DW-224EV_D.DB.zipinto your USB key.
2. In вЂњDosвЂќ folder, just type вЂњdw224ev.batвЂќ and press вЂњEnterвЂќ key.
3. Just wait for the firmware update completion, you should see the log status as вЂњfinishвЂќ and вЂњOKвЂќ.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.