Dell XPS/Inspiron XPS Gen 2 Dell XPS LightFX SDK 1.1.1, A02 for Microsoft Windows 2000, XP, XP x64, Vista 32/64-bit Publisher's description
Dell XPS/Inspiron XPS Gen 2 Dell XPS LightFX SDK 1.1.1, A02 for Microsoft Windows 2000, XP, XP x64, Vista 32/64-bit
Level of Importance: Optional
Dell recommends the customer review specifics about the update to determine if it applies to your system. The update contains changes that impact only certain configurations, or provides new features that may/may not apply to your environment.
1. In order for the LED effects (created using the SDK) to actually work on a target Dell XPS system, Dell QuickSet application needs to be installed on that system. You can download QuickSet from Support.dell.com.
2. The static lib version of the SDK is compatible only with those applications built with VS2005. If you are using earlier versions of VS 2003, please use the dll version of the SDK.
XPS/Inspiron XPS Gen 2
Microsoft Windows Vista 32-bit
Microsoft Windows 2000
Microsoft Windows Vista 64-bit
Microsoft Windows XP
Microsoft Windows XP x64
Fixes and Enhancements
1. This release should allow target applications using the LightFX SDK to talk to any Dell XPS system that supports LED control.
2. This release adds support for Vista (32 and 64 bit) and XP 64 bit as well.
3. Enhancements to effectbuilder tool so that the LED effect can be played from the tool provided the system supports LightFX.
Hard Drive Installation (via WinZip) with Setup.exe File for R155160.EXE
1.Click Download Now, to download the file.
2.When the File Download window appears, click Save (Windows XP users will click Save) this program to disk and click OK. The Save In: window appears.
3.From the Save In: field, click the down arrow then click to select Desktop and click Save. The file will download to your desktop.
4.If the Download Complete window appears, click Close. The file icon appears on your desktop.
1.Double-click the new icon on the desktop labeled R155160.EXE.
2.The Self-Extracting window appears and prompts you to extract or unzip to C:DELLDRIVERSR155160. Write down this path so the executable (I.e.Setup.exe) file can be found later.
3.The Self-Extractor window appears.
5.After completing the file extraction, if the Self-Extractor window is still open, close it.
6.Click the Start button and then click Run.
7.Type C:DELLDRIVERSR155160 in the Open textbox and then click OK.
8.Follow the on-screen installation instructions.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.