Dell XPS M1210 Notebooks QuickSet 7.1.10, A38 for XP Publisher's description
Dell XPS M1210 Notebooks QuickSet 7.1.10, A38 for XP
Level of Importance: Optional
Dell recommends the customer review specifics about the update to determine if it applies to your system. The update contains changes that impact only certain configurations, or provides new features that may/may not apply to your environment.
Fixes and Enhancements
1. Inconsistent Translation found in Custom Install and Launch Panel
2. Cosmetic issues found in Quickset Hot key UI
3. Some letters missed in the hotkey panel of the Quick Set
4. ' Feature' is translated incorrectly , miss some items in Hotkey page
5. Wrong translation found in QS when disable NIC
6. Missing Volume hotkey in Help but this hotkey do have function
7. Issue where LIMUSER command line parameter was not working. Now by using this command line with setup.exe Authenticated Users will be able to configure power schemes.
8. Issue where the Internal network card power management service was getting installed with full permissions for all users. Now it will get installed with full permissions only for admins.
9. Quickset Ger: Inconsistent translation of "battery"
10. The symbol "&"can not display in QS as the name of the Power Scheme
11. ' Feature' is translated incorrectly , miss some items in Hotkey page
12. SPN: Blank tab found in QS Gaming panel
13. Error description display when button display "Enable QuickSet Popups"
14. CHS:QS: Improper translation found in Battery Usage Recommendations
15. KOR: ' and ' text is not localized in Battery Usage Recommendations Page
16. GER: Redundant word in QuickSet Hot key UI
17. Redundant characters found in NIC Power Manager pop-up msg box
18. GER Power management terminology translation issue in Quick Set
19. ' Connection' is Not localized in Location Profile
20. JPN: Not localized found in Network connection of Location Profile.
21. JPN: ' Welcome Picture' characters are translated inconsistently.
22. GER/CHS Inconsistent translation in Quick Set Power management wizard
1. Support for new Broadcom WLAN card and Intel WLAN Card.
2. WiFi Catcher and Location Profiler now look at the registry key to get the name of Dell Wireless LAN CPL.
3. LIMUSER command line parameter will now allow only Authenticated Users to perform power management.
Traditional Chinese only: Display settings feature (accessible by double clicking on QS icon) will show some corrupted characters. The text should read:
Activate Presentation Mode by Fn+F8 with external displays attached. This will disable display and system power management timeouts
Additional Information on some features.
1. Display brightness (may vary depending on your system)
- Ambient Light Sensor: QuickSet provides an interface to customize Ambient Light Sensor settings for your computer.
- Intel(R) Display Power Savings Technology: To save power on battery mode by adjusting display settings.
2. Radio/Wireless activity control
You can control the on-board wireless devices using the wireless switch (OR) the Fn+F2 hotkey depending on your system support. You can use QuickSet to configure the radios that the switch/hotkey would control.
3. Location Profiler:
Allows users to create profiles comprising of location dependent system settings. QuickSet associates Wired/WLAN/WWAN (on supported systems) connections with location profiles created and allows users to automatically/manually switch between these profiles. You can priority between Wired/WLAN/WWAN (on supported systems) connections. Depending on user configuration, lower priority connections would be turned off to save power
and optimize system performance.
4. Internal network card activity (depending on your system): The Internal Network Card will be deactivated when user goes to battery mode and the network cable is unplugged. Inorder to activate it, reinsert AC power source.
5. Wi-Fi Catcher(TM) Network Locator Configuration: QuickSet provides the interface to configure Wi-Fi bands or specific networks that the Wi-Fi Catcher should scan for.
Hard Drive Installation (via WinZip) with Setup.exe File for R130907.EXE
1.Click Download Now, to download the file.
2.When the File Download window appears, click Save (Windows XP
users will click Save) this program to disk and click OK. The Save In:
3.From the Save In: field, click the down arrow then click to
select Desktop and click Save. The file will download to your desktop.
4.If the Download Complete window appears, click Close. The file
icon appears on your desktop.
1.Double-click the new icon on the desktop labeled R130907.EXE.
2.The Self-Extracting window appears and prompts you to extract or
unzip to C:DELLDRIVERSR130907. Write down this path so the executable (I.e.
Setup.exe) file can be found later.
3.The Self-Extractor window appears.
5.After completing the file extraction, if the Self-Extractor
window is still open, close it.
6.Click the Start button and then click Run.
7.Type C:DELLDRIVERSR130907 in the Open textbox and then click OK.
8.Follow the on-screen installation instructions.