Dell XPS M1210 Notebooks PBDS DS-8W1P Slim 8x DVD+/-RW BD1C, A02 for Vista Publisher's description
Dell XPS M1210 Notebooks PBDS DS-8W1P Slim 8x DVD+/-RW BD1C, A02 for Vista
Level of Importance: Recommended
Dell recommends applying this update during your next scheduled update cycle. The update contains feature enhancements or changes that will help keep your system software current and compatible with other system modules (firmware, BIOS, drivers and software).
1) Please close other applications before updating.
2) While the firmware is updating, please don't turn off the computer.
3) Please reboot the computer after the firmware update is completed.
Fixes and Enhancements
- Improve the burn compatibility using Windows Vista SP1 native application.
This is a Windows/DOS based firmware flash update for PBDS DS-8W1P Slim 8x DVD+/-RW
Windows based firmware flash update for PBDS DS-8W1P SLIM 8X DVD+/-RW:-
1. Download and unzip the DS-8W1P_BD1C.zip into your desktop.
2. In вЂњDS-8W1P_BD1CвЂќ folder, please search for the вЂњWindowsвЂќ folder.
3. In вЂњWindowsвЂќ folder, please make sure you have the administrator right, and double click on вЂњBD1CWIN.EXEвЂќ and click on вЂњYesвЂќ to proceed.
4. Click on вЂњUpdateвЂќ button. This may take as long as two minutes. Please wait for the process to complete.
5. You should see вЂњFirmware has been updated successfully!вЂќ
6. Windows must restart to complete this operation, please save all data and click on вЂњNowвЂќ.
DOS based firmware flash update for PBDS DS-8W1P SLIM 8X DVD+/-RW:-
1. Unzip the DS-8W1P_BD1C.zip into your bootable USB key.
2. In вЂњDOSвЂќ folder, just type вЂњBD1CDOS.EXEвЂќ.
3. Please select вЂњ1вЂќ (assume this is the only optical drive) and wait for 2 minutes.
4. You should see вЂњFlash Successful!вЂќ
NOTE: Ensure before performing firmware update on a Dell notebook that the system is operating on AC power and not Battery only