Dell XPS Gen 2 Notebook Samsung Firmware U306, A02 for Win XP Publisher's description
Dell XPS Gen 2 Notebook Samsung Firmware U306, A02 for Win XP
Level of Importance: Recommended
Dell recommends applying this update during your next scheduled update cycle. The update contains feature enhancements or changes that will help keep your system software current and compatible with other system modules (firmware, BIOS, drivers and software).
This is a Windows Based Firmware Flash Utility.
Administrative rights may be required on your system for this utility to work
Fixes and Enhancements
This firmware improves the Samsung SN324S Slim CDRW/DVD-ROM drive's media readability capabilities.
Custom Instructions for R109456.EXE:
Follow the instructions below to execute.
1. Unzip the files to a directory on your hard drive.
2. Double click on the flash utility (SFDWIN.exe).
3. Click on "Download File Open" button at left corner.
4. Click on U306.bin to select it. Click on "Open".
5. Click on "Start Download" button at middle.
6. Click on "Restart Windows".
7. System will restart after flash is complete.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.