Dell Vostro Notebook 3300 HLDS GU40N 9.5mm SATA Trayload DVD+/-RW A102, A02 for Win 7 Publisher's description
Dell Vostro Notebook 3300 HLDS GU40N 9.5mm SATA Trayload DVD+/-RW A102, A02 for Win 7
Updated firmware for HLDS GU40N drive
Level of Importance: Recommended
Dell recommends applying this update during your next scheduled update cycle. The update contains feature enhancements or changes that will help keep your system software current and compatible with other system modules (firmware, BIOS, drivers and software).
1) Please close other application before updating.
2) While firmware is updating, don't turn off the computer.
3) Please reboot the computer after the firmware update is completed
Fixes and Enhancements
To fix potiential audio interruption issue at starting time of Audio CD playing.
This is a Windows/DOS based firmware flash update for HLDS GU40N drive
1. Click [Download Now]
2. Saves the file on your desktop
1. Double-click the new icon on the desktop. (For example labeled GU40N-A102.zip)
2. Extract or unzip to C:DELLDRIVERSGU40N-A102(Example path)
3. Choose update file from [Win] if you install in Windows enviroment or [DOS] folder if you install in DOS enviroment.
3. Double-click the installation file and follow the on-screen installation instructions.