Dell Vostro Notebook 1520 Samsung PM800 64GB THN SATA2 SSD VBM25D1Q/VBM1AD1Q, A00 for Win XP Publisher's description
Dell Vostro Notebook 1520 Samsung PM800 64GB THN SATA2 SSD VBM25D1Q/VBM1AD1Q, A00 for Win XP
This FW is for optimize SSD performance
Level of Importance: Recommended
Dell recommends applying this update during your next scheduled update cycle. The update contains feature enhancements or changes that will help keep your system software current and compatible with other system modules (firmware, BIOS, drivers and software).
вЂњDEVICE MUST BE PLUGGED IN AT ALL TIMES DURING THE FIRMWARE UPDATE PROCESS OR ELSE DEVICE MAY BE PERMANENTLY DAMAGED AND RENDERED INOPERABLE.?
"YOU MUST BACK UP ALL DATA ON THE DRIVE AS THE FIRMWARE UPDATE PROCESS WILL ERASE ALL PRE-EXISTING DATA"
I.System & Tool Requirements
1. Your system (Notebook or PC)
2. DSRD Tool (DSRD.zip)
* FW update Tool is called DSRD in this document.
3. Bootable USB Drive *
*- Please set your USB drive into a вЂњbootable?state before commencing firmware download. For assistance on completing this step, please refer to a USB boot utility from a trusted internet site
Please refer to the file FW Download Guide_r2_3_Release0712 for STEP by STEP instruction
1. AHCI or ATA mode must be enabled in the BIOS for successful download. The DSRD application automatically detects either AHCI or ATA mode and progresses accordingly.
2. Removal of disks when the application is running on PCs with chipsets such as ICH5 or ICH6 that do not support the вЂњhot plug?feature (enables plug and play) may cause disruption of the DSRD utility.
3. This tool is only for the products mentioned in the Applicable Drive Model list of previous page, so we do not guarantee with any other products.
Custom Instructions for SAMSUNG_MULTI-DEVICE_A00_R276513.exe:
1. Extract all provided zip files to the Bootable USB Drive (extract to the root directory). This will create a DSRD folder on the USB drive.
2. Restart your PC and Press "F2" to enter System BIOS. Select -->System Configuration--> SATA Operation --> AHCI or ATA.
3. Under Boot Sequence set USB as the first boot device in the boot order (Refer to your system user guide).
4. Apply changed settings and power off the system.
(Applying Firmware Update)
1. Insert USB boot key and power on the system.
i) Check boot priority settings in your system BIOS if your system fails to boot from USB drive.
ii) DSRD application will execute only in IDE and AHCI modes of ATA / SATA /AHCI controllers. If it fails to run, check the BIOS setting for SATA Operation and ensure it is set to ATA or AHCI mode.
2. Execute DOSRD1_0.EXE in DSRD folder.
3. The message ВЎВ°Samsung electronics FW Download UtilityВЎВ± will appear. Press any key to continue.
4. FW Utility will automatically detect your SSD and if a FW upgrade candidate is detected, the device name with old FW version will be displayed. Do not press any key at this time.
5. When the following prompt will appears ВЎВ±Download FW on this disk?ВЎВ±, please press ВЎВ®yВЎВЇ and hit ВЎВ®enterВЎВЇ to continue.
6. A prompt will remind you to backup all data and ask you ВЎВ±Do you want to continue?ВЎВ±, please press ВЎВ®yВЎВЇ. Before hitting ВЎВ®enter,ВЎВЇ please verify that you have backed up all pre-existing data on the device. This will begin the download process.
7. Once download is complete, the message will appear ВЎВ°Firmware has been successfully upgraded!ВЎВ±
Even if the progression dot appears to have completed DO NOT PRESS ANY OTHER KEY such as ESC, Power Button, etc unless you see the "Firmware has been successfully updated!!"
8. DSRD will automatically terminate after firmware update completion.
9. Turn off the system power after firmware update has completed. You now have latest firmware version on your SSD!
10. Restart your PC and press "F2" to entering BIOS setting, Select -->System Configuration-->SATA operation, choose the original setting used prior to applying firmware update. Note: Factory default is IRRT or RAID.
1. The download tool will skip the firmware update process if the upgraded firmware version is already installed on the drive.
2. If you execute DSRD again when your SSD has the latest FW, you will see messaging that the same firmware revision exist on the drive and the tool will skip the firmware update process.