Dell Vostro Notebook 1520 PLDS DS-4E1S 12.7 Tray BD-Combo ED15, A02 for Win 7 32-bit Publisher's description
Dell Vostro Notebook 1520 PLDS DS-4E1S 12.7 Tray BD-Combo ED15, A02 for Win 7 32-bit
Firmware update for PLDS DS-4E1S BD-Combo
Level of Importance: Recommended
Dell recommends applying this update during your next scheduled update cycle. The update contains feature enhancements or changes that will help keep your system software current and compatible with other system modules (firmware, BIOS, drivers and software).
1) Please close other applications before updating.
2) While the firmware is updating, please don't turn off the computer.
3) Please reboot the computer after the firmware update is completed.
Fixes and Enhancements
- Improve the compatibility with Microsoft Windows.
- Improve the compatibility of DVD-R/RW and DVD-RAM media
This is a Windows/DOS based firmware utility for PLDS DS-4E1S BD-Combo
Windows based firmware update for PLDS DS-4E1S BD-COMBO:-
1. Download and unzip the SE1_ED15.zip into your desktop.
2. In ВЎВ°SE1_ED15ВЎВ± folder, please search for the ВЎВ°WindowsВЎВ± folder.
3. In ВЎВ°WindowsВЎВ± folder, please make sure you have the administrator right, and double click on ВЎВ°ED15WIN.EXEВЎВ±
4. Click on ВЎВ°UpdateВЎВ± button. This may take as long as two minutes. Please wait for the process to complete.
5. You should see ВЎВ°Firmware has been updated successfully!ВЎВ±
6. Windows must restart to complete this operation, please save all data and click on ВЎВ°NowВЎВ±.
DOS based firmware update for PLDS DS-4E1S BD-COMBO:-
1. Unzip the SE1_ED15.zip into your bootable USB key.
2. In ВЎВ°DosВЎВ± folder, just type ВЎВ°ED15DOS.EXEВЎВ±.
3. Please select ВЎВ°1ВЎВ± (assume this is the only optical drive) and wait for 2 minutes.
4. You should see ВЎВ°Firmware update successfully!ВЎВ±
5. Windows must restart to complete this operation, please ВЎВ°yВЎВ±.