Dell Studio Laptop 1737 Intel Rapid Storage Technology (Pre-OS Install) 188.8.131.524, A05 for Win 7 64-bit Publisher's description
Dell Studio Laptop 1737 Intel Rapid Storage Technology (Pre-OS Install) 184.108.40.2064, A05 for Win 7 64-bit
32-bit driver only
Level of Importance: Optional
Dell recommends the customer review specifics about the update to determine if it applies to your system. The update contains changes that impact only certain configurations, or provides new features that may/may not apply to your environment.
Fixes and Enhancements
This release enables functionality for the System BIOS to make direct calls to the Hard Drive when the SATA Controller is set to RAID Mode and the Intel Rapid Storage Driver is being used.
Hard Drive Installation (via WinZip) from Device Manager for Intel_Rapid-Storage-Technolo_A05_R268418.exe
1.Click the location, e.g. Americas, from which you want to download the file.
2.When the File Download window appears, click Save this program to disk and click OK. The Save In window appears.
3.From the Save In drop-down menu, click to select Desktop and then click Save. The file will download to your desktop.
4.If a Download Complete window appears, click Close. A new icon appears on your desktop.
1. Double-click the new icon on the desktop labeled Intel_Rapid-Storage-Technolo_A05_R268418.exe.
2. The Self-Extractor window appears and prompts you to extract or unzip to C:DELLDRIVERSR268418. If you did not print these instructions, write down this path.
3. The WinZip Self-Extractor window appears
4. Click OK.
5. If the Self-Extractor window is still open, close it.
Removing Incorrectly Installed Driver First in Windows 9x or Me
1. Click the Start button, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
2. From the Control Panel, double-click System.
3. Click Device Manager.
4. Under Other Devices, click to highlight Unknown Device.
5. Click the Remove button at the bottom of the window. The device and category both disappear.
6. Click Refresh. The Hardware Wizard appears.
7. Click Next.
8. Click Specify the location of the driver and then click Next.
9. Click Search for the best driver and if there is not a check mark is in the checkbox next to Specify a location, click to put one there.
10. Click once in the textbox beneath Specify a location, type C:DELLDRIVERSR268418 and then click Next.
Windows finds the correct driver and asks you to verify it.
11. Click Next to install it.