DELL Studio 1535 Conexant D400,External USB 56K Modem, v.drv_Vista64_V18.104.22.168, A03 for Windows Vista 64-bit Publisher's description
DELL Studio 1535 Conexant D400,External USB 56K Modem, v.drv_Vista64_V22.214.171.124, A03 for Windows Vista 64-bit
Level of Importance: Recommended
Dell recommends applying this update during your next scheduled update cycle. The update contains feature enhancements or changes that will help keep your system software current and compatible with other system modules (firmware, BIOS, drivers and software).
With WHQL signed
Dell Precision Mobile WorkStation M6400
Studio Laptop 1435
Studio Laptop 1535
Studio Laptop 1537
Studio Laptop 1737
Studio XPS Laptop 1640
Microsoft Windows Vista 64-bit
Fixes and Enhancements
1. Some registry entries added by INI file during the installation are not removed during the uninstallation. This is fixed now.
2. Finding specific registry entries when parsing an INI file worked only on English OS. It is now fixed and registry updates are successful regardless of the OS language.
1. Added a new feature to display icons of the installed software packages if the installation process involves installation of several application like modem driver, DLD application, NetWaiting application, Modem Diagnostics application, User Guides, etc.
2. UIU when uninstalling HDA device could wrongly detect that it had in-build driver and ask OS to install it instead of the uninstalled driver. If that happens the device is marked with the exclamation mark in the Device Manager.
3. After installing the modem driver it was inheriting a reboot request from a previous device installation. The fix is a command line option "-DPME". When set it will disable this enumeration. The UIU will then refresh device manager before installation to ensure the modem is enumerated and appears in device manager.
4. During uninstallation of the driver the UIU deletes the shortcut on the desktop. The Icon intermittently did not disappear even though it was been deleted. Fix was to refresh the desktop to ensure the icon is removed.
5. Add feature to invoke another UIU based on the devices PNP ID
6. If the device is not present in the system and the driver is installed silently a message box will still pop up to notify the user. This is now resolved and the error is reflected in a log file
Digital Call Progress
Intermittent system crash (blue screen) when disconnecting modem call with AOL 9.0 Optimized application
Hard Drive Installation (via WinZip) with Setup.exe File for R172650.exe
1.Click Download Now, to download the file.
2.When the File Download window appears, click Save (Windows XP users will click Save) this program to disk and click OK. The Save In: window appears.
3.From the Save In: field, click the down arrow then click to select Desktop and click Save. The file will download to your desktop.
4.If the Download Complete window appears, click Close. The file icon appears on your desktop.
1.Double-click the new icon on the desktop labeled R172650.exe.
2.The Self-Extracting window appears and prompts you to extract or unzip to C:DELLDRIVERSR172650. Write down this path so the executable (I.e.Setup.exe) file can be found later.
3.The Self-Extractor window appears.
5.After completing the file extraction, if the Self-Extractor window is still open, close it.
6.Click the Start button and then click Run.
7.Type C:DELLDRIVERSR172650 in the Open textbox and then click OK.
8.Follow the on-screen installation instructions.
Plug USB MODEM to an available USB port before install.