Dell Latitude Z600 ON EX 01.02.00-EX-0022, A01 for Vista Publisher's description
Dell Latitude Z600 ON EX 01.02.00-EX-0022, A01 for Vista
Dell Latitude ON EX Firmware Utility for updating the Operating System of Latitude ON EX hardware.
Level of Importance: Recommended
Dell recommends applying this update during your next scheduled update cycle. The update contains feature enhancements or changes that will help keep your system software current and compatible with other system modules (firmware, BIOS, drivers and software).
The install utility enables the user to erase all Latitude ON EX user data including Emails, Calendar items, tasks, and contact information.
Fixes and Enhancements
Changes for R1.2 A01
1. Added Verizon and Sprint Carrier Support for the Dell DW5620 WWAN card.
2. Updated Help File for setting up the Dell DW5620 WWAN feature.
Please ensure that the latest BIOS release is installed prior to performing this firmware update. If Dell Control Point Connection Manager (DCP CM) is removed from the Windows HDD image, then the "Dell Button Service" application should be installed to enable the Latitude ON EX button to hibernate Windows when switching to Latitude ON mode. Dell Button Service is also available on support.dell.com.
Custom Instructions for Dell_Latitude-ON-EX_A01_R271601.exe:
In order to run the Latitude ON firmware update utility, your laptop must be connected to an AC adapter and battery capacity must be greater than 10%.
1. From Windows, download the 'DELL_LATITUDE-ON-SOFTWARE_xxx_Rxxxxxx.EXE' executable to a directory on your hard dive. The file is a self-extracting executable.
2. Double-click the icon for the downloaded file, and follow the on-screen instructions.
* The setup.exe file will be extracted to the C:DellDriversR262138 folder.
3. After unzipping files into a directory, it will run setup.exe to start the upgrade process.
* By default, the firmware upgrade files will be stored at C:Program FilesDellDell Latitude ON Firmware Upgrade.
4. When "Completing the Dell Latitude ON Firmware Upgrade Setup Wizard" is displayed, select the "Launch Dell Latitude ON Firmware Upgrade" check box and click "Finish" to proceed with the upgrade.
5. A pop-up will allow you to select one of the following options:
* "Erase all user settings" - This selection erases all user settings and data, and resets the Latitude ON module to factory default.
* "Preserve user settings" - Preserves user settings (such as password, language, network and email configuration), and erases all other user data including contacts, email, and calendar entries.
Select desired method of upgrade (or "Cancel").
6. Press "Next" to start the firmware upgrade. Do not interrupt the upgrade process after it starts, it should take about 15 minutes to complete.
7. When the install is complete press "Finish", and the application will close. You can choose to remove the installation files if desired.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.