Dell Latitude XFR D630 Notebook QuickSet 8.3.11, A47A47 for XP Publisher's description
Dell Latitude XFR D630 Notebook QuickSet 8.3.11, A47A47 for XP
Level of Importance: Optional
Dell recommends the customer review specifics about the update to determine if it applies to your system. The update contains changes that impact only certain configurations, or provides new features that may/may not apply to your environment.
Fixes and Enhancements
- Support for static IP addressing in Location Profiler Manager
- Support for FireFox browser settings in Location Profile Manager
- Support for global profiles (that get locked automatically). IT admins can copy precreated profiles as XML files to the QS install folder and QuickSet will automatically treat them with highest priority and lock them from editing.
- Fix for issue where WiFi Catcher Available Network list would come up blank with PC-Cillin installed.
- Fix for issue where Power Management Wizard in QuickSet under XP was not working as expected.
- Fix for issue where Location profiler crashes when completing the profile wizard
- Fix for issue where QS WiFi Catcher Interface does not match switch on system
- Fix for issue where NIC still listed in device manager after reboot with cable unpluged on battery
- Fix for issue where junk Character found in Location Profile Manager
QuickSet LED Control Interface for some XPS systems:
- Fix for issue where some characters were cut off in game option of QuickSet
- Fix for issue where the name of two options is reversed in LED Control in Gaming of QS
Additional Information on some features.
1. Display brightness (may vary depending on your system)
- Ambient Light Sensor: QuickSet provides an interface to customize Ambient Light Sensor settings for your computer.
- Intel(R) Display Power Savings Technology: To save power on battery mode by adjusting display settings.
2. Radio/Wireless activity control
You can control the on-board wireless devices using the wireless switch (OR) the Fn+F2 hotkey depending on your system support. You can use QuickSet to configure the radios that the switch/hotkey would control.
3. Location Profiler:
Allows users to create profiles comprising of location dependent system settings. QuickSet associates Wired/WLAN/WWAN (on supported systems) connections with location profiles created and allows users to automatically/manually switch between these profiles. You can priority between Wired/WLAN/WWAN (on supported systems) connections. Depending on user configuration, lower priority connections would be turned off to save power
and optimize system performance.
4. Internal network card activity (depending on your system): The Internal Network Card will be deactivated when user goes to battery mode and the network cable is unplugged. Inorder to activate it, reinsert AC power source.
5. Wi-Fi Catcher(TM) Network Locator Configuration: QuickSet provides the interface to configure Wi-Fi bands or specific networks that the Wi-Fi Catcher should scan for.
Hard Drive Installation (via WinZip) with Setup.exe File for R165094.EXE
1.Click Download Now, to download the file.
2.When the File Download window appears, click Save (Windows XP
users will click Save) this program to disk and click OK. The Save In:
3.From the Save In: field, click the down arrow then click to
select Desktop and click Save. The file will download to your desktop.
4.If the Download Complete window appears, click Close. The file
icon appears on your desktop.
1.Double-click the new icon on the desktop labeled R165094.EXE.
2.The Self-Extracting window appears and prompts you to extract or
unzip to C:DELLDRIVERSR165094. Write down this path so the executable (I.e.
Setup.exe) file can be found later.
3.The Self-Extractor window appears.
5.After completing the file extraction, if the Self-Extractor
window is still open, close it.
6.Click the Start button and then click Run.
7.Type C:DELLDRIVERSR165094 in the Open textbox and then click OK.
8.Follow the on-screen installation instructions.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.