Dell Latitude E4200 Notebook ON Software 0902322, A00 for Vista 32-bit Publisher's description
Dell Latitude E4200 Notebook ON Software 0902322, A00 for Vista 32-bit
Dell Latitude ON Firmware Utility for updating the Operating System of Latitude ON hardware.
Level of Importance: Optional
Dell recommends the customer review specifics about the update to determine if it applies to your system. The update contains changes that impact only certain configurations, or provides new features that may/may not apply to your environment.
This utility will erase all Latitude ON user data including Emails, Calendar items, tasks, and contact information.
Minimum System BiOS versions are needed for proper Latitude ON operation:
Dell Latitude E4300 => A09
Dell Latitude E4200 => A08
If Dell Control Point Connection Manager (DCP CM) is removed from the Windows HDD image, then the "Dell Button Service" application should be installed to enable the Latitude ON button to hibernate Windows when switching to Latitude ON mode. Find Dell Button Service also on support.dell.com; R233494/R233498.
Custom Instructions for Dell_Latitude-ON-Software_A00_R233484.exe:
1. From Windows run zippack - 'Dell_LATITUDE-ON-SOFTWARE_A00_R233484.EXE'
---- Requires AC adpater and >10% battery capacity.
2. After unzipping files into a directory, it will run Setup.exe to complete the install and run.
---- By default, extracts files into (c:/program files/Dell Blacktop Firmware Update)
---- and will Run "Dell Firmware upgrade.exe" from that directory (if checkbox is kept selected)
3. When "Dell Latitude ON Firmware Upgrade Installation Wizard" is running press next as instructed to continue to boot Blacktop card into Maintenance mode.
---- FYI, Device Manager will show a network adapter "Dell Latitude ON - Maintenance Mode".
4. A pop-up will allow sellection:
---- Erase all user settings NOTE - This selection will return the image to factory default.
---- Preserve user settings NOTE - User Data will not be preserved.
Select desired flash file system erasure level (or Cancel).
5. Press Next to start the FW upgrade transfer when the card is connected. Do not interupt the FW upgrade process after it starts, it should take about 15 minutes to complete.
6. When complete press Finish and the apllication will close, you can choose to uninstall the extracted files on the HDD or not.Done
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.