Dell Latitude E4200 Notebook ON Reader v1230, A06 for XP Publisher's description
Dell Latitude E4200 Notebook ON Reader v1230, A06 for XP
Level of Importance: Optional
Dell recommends the customer review specifics about the update to determine if it applies to your system. The update contains changes that impact only certain configurations, or provides new features that may/may not apply to your environment.
***This application is for re-install only. If you did not get Dell Latitude ON Reader installed with your Dell system, the Latitude ON hardware button will not function.***
***Please uninstall your existing version of Latitude ON Reader before installing this application. Go to Control Panel->Programs. Highlight Dell Latitude ON Reader from the list, and then click on the "Uninstall" button.
Fixes and Enhancements
1. Icon to indicate external file attachment -- note that the application does not support viewing of external file attachment
2. Support FAT32 file system
3. Provide IME support for 6 languages (Arabic, Russian, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Japanese and Korean)
4. Lock installation to Latitude model -- Installer will prevent installation on other non Latitude systems
5. An additional help file section is introduced to educate user on the upgrade path
6. New graphical representation on the battery meter
7. Resume from system sleep mode -- only work with Dell - BIOS A04 and above version
8. Prompt user to close the Microsoft Outlook application during installation
9. Enable log file support during silent install using command line (setup.exe -s -ToFile). Log file can be found in C:Latitude ON Reader Installation Log.log
1. Arabic Right alignment issues -- help file, contact contents
2. Chinese Traditional characters could not be bold
3. Korean subject line truncation for 0.5 hour appointment in day view
4. Outlook addin crashes Microsoft Outlook 2003/2007 periodically if corrupted email is present in the Mailbox
5. Full email display on the contacts information
Hard Drive Installation (via WinZip) with Setup.exe File for DELL_LATITUDE-ON-READER_A06_R206609.EXE
1.Click Download Now, to download the file.
2.When the File Download window appears, click Save (Windows XP
users will click Save) this program to disk and click OK. The Save In:
3.From the Save In: field, click the down arrow then click to
select Desktop and click Save. The file will download to your desktop.
4.If the Download Complete window appears, click Close. The file
icon appears on your desktop.
1.Double-click the new icon on the desktop labeled DELL_LATITUDE-ON-READER_A06_R206609.EXE.
2.The Self-Extracting window appears and prompts you to extract or
unzip to C:DELLDRIVERSR206609. Write down this path so the executable (I.e.
Setup.exe) file can be found later.
3.The Self-Extractor window appears.
5.After completing the file extraction, if the Self-Extractor
window is still open, close it.
6.Click the Start button and then click Run.
7.Type C:DELLDRIVERSR206609 in the Open textbox and then click OK.
8.Follow the on-screen installation instructions.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.