Dell Latitude E4200 Notebook IDT 92HDxxx HD Audio (Update Package) 184.108.40.20624, A05 for XP Publisher's description
Dell Latitude E4200 Notebook IDT 92HDxxx HD Audio (Update Package) 220.127.116.1124, A05 for XP
XP 32 and 64 bit Audio driver
Level of Importance: Recommended
Dell recommends applying this update during your next scheduled update cycle. The update contains feature enhancements or changes that will help keep your system software current and compatible with other system modules (firmware, BIOS, drivers and software).
Fixes and Enhancements
- Improves Audio Playback quality
- Fixes issue where Microphone is not detected with certain 3rd party applications
- Optimized power management of audio controller
Dell Update Package Instructions for DRVR_WIN_R206243.EXE:
1. Click the "Download Now" link to download the file.
2. When the File Download window appears, click "Save" to save the file to your hard drive.
1. Browse to the location where you downloaded the file and double-click the new file.
2. Read over the release information presented in the dialog window.
3. Download and install any prerequisites identified in the dialog window before proceeding.
4. Install any necessary Embedded Systems Management firmware prior to this BIOS update.
5. Click the Install button.
6. Follow the remaining prompts to perform the update.
Hard Drive Installation (via WinZip) with HTML Pop-Up Window for
1.Click Download Now, to download the file.
2.When the File Download window appears, click Save this program to
disk (Windows XP users, click Save) and click OK. The Save In: window
3.From the Save In: field, click the down arrow then click to
select Desktop and click Save. The file will download to your desktop.
4.If the Download Complete window appears, click Close. The file
name icon appears on your desktop.
1.Double-click the new icon on the desktop labeled IDT_92HDXXX-HD-AUDIO_A06_R206243.EXE.
The Self-Extractor window appears.
2.Click OK or Continue.
The Self-Extracting Driver Installation window appears and prompts to
extract files to C:DELLDRIVERSR206243.
3.Leave all of the default settings and click Unzip or OK. If the
directory doesn't exist, you'll be prompted to create one. Click Yes. A
Self Extractor window appears and indicates C:DELLDRIVERSR206243 files were
Follow the on-screen installation instructions in the window.
HTML Pop-Up With Install Now Button
1.The Dell Software Installation Documentation window appears.
2.Click the Install Now button. A File Download window appears.
3.Click Run this program from its current location and click OK.
The Security Warning window appears.
4.Click Yes. The InstallShield Wizard window appears.
5.Follow the on-screen instructions.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.