Dell Latitude E6500 Notebook System BIOS A12 for Win7 64-Bit Publisher's description
Dell Latitude E6500 Notebook System BIOS A12 for Win7 64-Bit
Latitude E6500 A12 BIOS Release
Level of Importance: Recommended
Dell recommends applying this update during your next scheduled update cycle. The update contains feature enhancements or changes that will help keep your system software current and compatible with other system modules (firmware, BIOS, drivers and software).
Fixes and Enhancements
1. Updated Intel(R) Active Management Technology firmware for AMT-configured systems:
- Fixed a vulnerability in which an ME-knowledgeable malicious user with local machine access could potentially exploit boundary errors in some ME application functions to gain control over those ME applications.
- Fixed a remote Denial of Service (DOS) vulnerability which a malicious user could potentially exploit to cause the reboot of a system running susceptible versions of IntelВ® Active Management Technology (IntelВ® AMT).
2. Added USB provision file format 2.0 support for Intel(R) vPro-configured systems.
3. Updated warning message when changing the SATA Operation field in BIOS Setup.
4. Added support to make Pre-Boot Authentication single sign on work with hard disk drive passwords.
5. Fixed the issue where Dell Diagnostics fan script test fails with a USB 2.0 scanner attached.
6. Fixed the issue where Dell Diagnostics LCD brightness test fails when ALS is enabled.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.