Dell Latitude E6500 Notebook Client Management Pack for Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 4.0, A00 for Win7 64-Bit Publisher's description
Dell Latitude E6500 Notebook Client Management Pack for Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 4.0, A00 for Win7 64-Bit
The Dell Client Management Pack v4.0 enables System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) R2/SP1 and System Center Essentials (SCE) SP1 to Discover, Monitor and accurately depict the status of Dell Business Client Computers on a defined network segment.
Level of Importance: Recommended
Dell recommends applying this update during your next scheduled update cycle. The update contains feature enhancements or changes that will help keep your system software current and compatible with other system modules (firmware, BIOS, drivers and software).
* Dell Client Management Pack version 4.0 is supported on System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2/SP1 and System Center Essentials 2007 SP1 only. It does not function with prior releases of the MOM product.
* Upgrades from previous Dell MP v 3.1.x to Dell MP v4.0 are not supported.
Fixes and Enhancements
Dell Client Management Pack v4.0 edition provides detailed management of Dell Business Client computer systems and ensures scalability across the SCOM environment.
Dell Client Management Pack v4.0 for Microsoft System Center Operations Manager R2/SP1 and System Center Essentials SP1
The Client Management Pack version 4.0 release consists of one Management Pack:
1) Dell Windows Client Management Pack (Dell.WindowsClient.mp) for detailed discovery, monitoring and alert management of Dell Business Clients and its components.
And one utility:
1) Dell Base folder utility (Dell.Connections.HardwareLibrary.mp) for the basic folder structure and Root node.
The Dell Client Management Pack also contains
1) DellMPv40_Client_Readme.txt :- Contains more details on Management of Dell Business Client
2) Dell_Client_Management_Pack_v4.0_UserGuide.pdf :- Contain detailed information for a user to get started on using the Dell Client Management Pack effectively.
For the latest version of this readme, see the Dell Support website at "support.dell.com" on the Systems Management documentation page. To locate this page, click Manuals->Software->Systems Management->Dell OpenManage Connections->Dellв„ў OpenManage Connection for MicrosoftВ® System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2/SP1 and Essentials SP1.
Custom Instructions for Dell_Client_Management_Pack_v4.0_A00.exe:
1. Download the file to a directory on your hard drive. The file downloaded is a self-extracting executable.
2. Go to the location where you downloaded the file and double-click the executable to unzip the files. The default extraction folder is "C:Dell Management PacksClient Management Pack4.0". You may select a different location for file extraction by editing the path.
3. Follow the installation instructions in the User Guide and readme file included.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.