Dell Latitude D620 Notebook HLDS GSA-T21N 12.7 tray IDE DVD+/-RW A103, A02 for Win XP Publisher's description
Dell Latitude D620 Notebook HLDS GSA-T21N 12.7 tray IDE DVD+/-RW A103, A02 for Win XP
Level of Importance: Recommended
Dell recommends applying this update during your next scheduled update cycle. The update contains feature enhancements or changes that will help keep your system software current and compatible with other system modules (firmware, BIOS, drivers and software).
1) This contains both Windows and DOS based firmware flash utility update for HLDS GSA-T21N 12.7 tray IDE DVD+/-RW.
2) Please close other applications before updating.
3) While the firmware is updating, please don't turn off the computer.
4) Please reboot the computer after the firmware update is completed.
Fixes and Enhancements
To improve the customer experience for listening to audio CD.
This will improve the level of acoustic noise and vibration of the optical drive.
Windows based firmware flash utility update:
1. Left click on "GSAT21NA103.exe", the firmware pf the drive will be updated to a newer version. The target drive should be HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GSA-T21N.
2. Please close other applications before updating and click on the вЂњUPDATEвЂќ button.
3. Now updating in progress. It takes a few minutes. DonвЂ™t turn off the PC.
4. Updating was completed successfully. Please reboot the PC and click on the вЂњREBOOTвЂќ button.
DOS based firmware flash utility update:
1. Please unzip all the files in your DOS_A103.zip into a bootable USB key.
2. Boot up your system with a USB key in DOS.
3. Type DOSA103.BAT and answer вЂњyвЂќ if you want to download the firmware.
4. Now updating in progress. It takes a few minutes.
5. FW Update Complete.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.