Dell Latitude D620 Notebook BIOS A05 Publisher's description
Dell Latitude D620 Notebook BIOS A05
Level of Importance: Recommended
Dell recommends applying this update during your next scheduled update cycle. The update contains feature enhancements or changes that will help keep your system software current and compatible with other system modules (firmware, BIOS, drivers and software).
BIOS Release Notes
Systems: Dell Latitude D620 Series
Build Date: 10/13/06
Intel 945GM Graphics Video BIOS version 1264
NVIDIA Quadro NVS 110M Video BIOS version 22.214.171.124.FC
1. Fixed issue where the hard disk drive may be enabled in suspend if
the Wi-Fi Catcher switch is pressed.
2. Fixed issue where the system may hang in POST with certain USB
3. Fixed issue where Setup boot order changes may not be saved if an
Admin Password is installed at the same time.
4. Fixed issue where TPM cannot be activated in Setup after it has been
5. Fixed issue where changes to the Setup integrated USB hub mode may
not take effect until a cold boot.
1. Added support for Microsoft Windows Vista.
2. Added Setup option to enable Serial ATA device-initiated power
3. Added DIMM part number and asset information to SMBIOS tables.
4. Increased amount of memory available for use when 4 GB of memory
The BIOS release has been validated on the following operating systems:
1. Microsoft Windows Vista
2. Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2.
3. Microsoft Windows 2000 Service Pack 4.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.