Dell Latitude D531 HLDS GSA-T21N 12.7 tray IDE DVD+/-RW A102, A01 for Vista Publisher's description
Dell Latitude D531 HLDS GSA-T21N 12.7 tray IDE DVD+/-RW A102, A01 for Vista
Level of Importance: Recommended
Dell recommends applying this update during your next scheduled update cycle. The update contains feature enhancements or changes that will help keep your system software current and compatible with other system modules (firmware, BIOS, drivers and software).
1) This contains both Windows and DOS based firmware flash utility update for HLDS GSA-T21N 12.7 tray IDE DVD+/-RW.
2) Please close other applications before updating.
3) While the firmware is updating, please don't turn off the computer.
4) Please reboot the computer after the firmware update is completed.
Fixes and Enhancements
Optimize optical driveвЂ™s BIST DVD offset and improve seek response.
1. Unzip ВЎВ§A102.zipВЎВЁ; there will be 2 folders, ВЎВ§DOSВЎВЁ and ВЎВ§WindowsВЎВЁ.
2. For Windows flash utility, please choose the ВЎВ§WindowsВЎВЁ folder. Click on ВЎВ§GSAT21NA102.exeВЎВЁ.
3. Ensure the target drive is referring to GSA-T21N drive. Click on ВЎВ§UPDATEВЎВЁ.
4. For DOS flash utility, please ensure this is used with a DOS bootable key.
5. Insert the DOS bootable key that is containing DOS flash utility into the system.
6. Change directory to ВЎВ§DOSВЎВЁ folder, and type ВЎВ§SUPDOST2 A102.prmВЎВЁ.