Dell Latitude C540 Notebook Toshiba SD-R2102 8X Slim Combo 1D98, A02 for Win XP Publisher's description
Dell Latitude C540 Notebook Toshiba SD-R2102 8X Slim Combo 1D98, A02 for Win XP
Level of Importance: Optional
Dell recommends the customer review specifics about the update to determine if it applies to your system. The update contains changes that impact only certain configurations, or provides new features that may/may not apply to your environment.
This firmware is intended for use with the Toshiba SD-R2102 Slim Combo
The update will create a bootable diskette that must be used under DOS
(not under Windowed DOS box). This flash will update the drive's firmware
to 1D98. The user will need to remove the floppy disc and then reboot the
system before using the drive.
If the firmware reflash fails ( e.g., system hangs, etc. ), reboot the
system and try again at least twice.
Fixes and Enhancements
This firmware addresses various readability related issues.
Floppy Disk Boot to Disk for BR59076.exe
1. Click Download Now, to download the file.
2. When the File Download window appears, click Save (Windows XP users will click Save) this program to disk and click OK. The Save In:
3. From the Save In: field, click the down arrow then click to
select Desktop and click Save. The file will download to your desktop.
4. If the Download Complete window appears, click Close. The file
icon appears on your desktop.
Hard Drive Floppy Disk Creation
1. Get 1 blank, formatted floppy disks.
2. Double-click the new icon (it looks like a floppy diskette) on
the desktop. The Self-Extractor window appears.
3. Click Setup. An black MS-DOS window appears with a message
indicating that you need 1 floppy diskettes.
4. Press the [ENTER] key.
A message appears prompting you to insert a blank floppy diskette.
5. Insert a floppy disk into the floppy disk drive.
6. Press the [ENTER] key. A message appears indicating that all
data on the disk will be erased.
7. Press the [y] key and then press the [ENTER] key.
The files are copied to the floppy diskette. If the procedure requires
more than one diskette, repeat steps 5 вЂ“ 7 until you reach the end of the diskette set.
8. After all the files have been copied to the last floppy disk,
press the [ENTER] key and the MS-DOS window closes.
1. Insert the first (or the only) disk of the set into the Floppy
2. Click Start, click Shutdown, click Restart, and then click OK.
Windows XP Users need only click restart.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.