Dell Latitude C540 Notebook BIOS A10 Publisher's description
Dell Latitude C540 Notebook BIOS A10
Level of Importance: Recommended
Dell recommends applying this update during your next scheduled update cycle. The update contains feature enhancements or changes that will help keep your system software current and compatible with other system modules (firmware, BIOS, drivers and software).
Fixes and Enhancements
BIOS Release Notes
Systems: Dell Latitude C640 Series
The following updates were made to the A09 BIOS to create the A10 BIOS:
1. Fixed issue where Celeron processors may always run throttled
under Windows XP SP1.
2. Fixed issue where the operating system may report erroneous
battery information if a battery swap is performed while the
system is in Standby.
The BIOS release has been validated on the following operating systems:
1. Microsoft Windows NT 4.0
2. Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition APM Only
3. Microsoft Windows 2000 ACPI
4. Microsoft Windows XP ACPI
Floppy Disk Boot to Disk for C640_A10.exe
1. Click Download Now, to download the file.
2. When the File Download window appears, click Save (Windows XP users will click Save) this program to disk and click OK. The Save In:
3. From the Save In: field, click the down arrow then click to
select Desktop and click Save. The file will download to your desktop.
4. If the Download Complete window appears, click Close. The file
icon appears on your desktop.
Hard Drive Floppy Disk Creation
1. Get 1 blank, formatted floppy disks.
2. Double-click the new icon (it looks like a floppy diskette) on
the desktop. The Self-Extractor window appears.
3. Click Setup. An black MS-DOS window appears with a message
indicating that you need 1 floppy diskettes.
4. Press the [ENTER] key.
A message appears prompting you to insert a blank floppy diskette.
5. Insert a floppy disk into the floppy disk drive.
6. Press the [ENTER] key. A message appears indicating that all
data on the disk will be erased.
7. Press the [y] key and then press the [ENTER] key.
The files are copied to the floppy diskette. If the procedure requires
more than one diskette, repeat steps 5 вЂ“ 7 until you reach the end of the diskette set.
8. After all the files have been copied to the last floppy disk,
press the [ENTER] key and the MS-DOS window closes.
1. Insert the first (or the only) disk of the set into the Floppy
2. Click Start, click Shutdown, click Restart, and then click OK.
Windows XP Users need only click restart.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.