Dell Inspiron XPS Gen 2 M-Systems HS 256M USB Memory Key V 18.104.22.168, A02 for Microsoft Windows 2000, XP, Red Hat Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 Publisher's description
Dell Inspiron XPS Gen 2 M-Systems HS 256M USB Memory Key V 22.214.171.124, A02 for Microsoft Windows 2000, XP, Red Hat Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3
Level of Importance: Recommended
Dell recommends applying this update during your next scheduled update cycle. The update contains feature enhancements or changes that will help keep your system software current and compatible with other system modules (firmware, BIOS, drivers and software).
Must have system BIOS support for USB bootability.
XPS/Dimension XPS Gen 2
XPS/Dimension XPS Gen 3
XPS/Dimension XPS Gen 4
XPS/Dimension XPS Gen 5
XPS/Inspiron XPS Gen 2
Dell Precision Mobile WorkStation M70
Dell Precision Mobile WorkStation M20
Dell Precision Mobile WorkStation M60
Dell Precision WorkStation 360
Dell Precision WorkStation 360N
Dell Precision WorkStation 370
Dell Precision WorkStation 450
Dell Precision WorkStation 450N
Dell Precision WorkStation 470
Dell Precision WorkStation 650
Dell Precision WorkStation 650N
Dell Precision WorkStation 670
Red Hat Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3
Microsoft Windows 2000
Microsoft Windows XP
Fixes and Enhancements
BIOS support is required for USB bootability. Check system BIOS and system documentation before use.
* Follow these steps to download the file:
1. Click Download Now, to download the file.
2. If the Export Compliance Disclaimer window appears, click Yes, I Accept this Agreement.
3. When the File Download window appears, click Save (Windows XP users will click Save) this program to disk and click OK. The Save In window appears.
4. From the Save In: field, click the down arrow then click to 5. Select Desktop and click Save. The file will download to your desktop.
6. If the Download Complete window appears, click Close. The file icon appears on your desktop.
Follow the following instruction to install:
1. Double-click the new icon on the desktop labeled R88786.EXE.
2. A window will pop-up, click continue.
3. The Self-Extracting window appears and prompts you to extract or unzip to C:DELLDRIVERSR88786. Write down this path so the executable (I.e. Setup.exe) file can be found later.
4. Window will appear requesting to create a new folder C:DELLDRIVERSR88786, click вЂњYesвЂќ.
5. The files should extract successfully. Click вЂњOkвЂќ to close the window.
6. Window should open containing the bootability tool. Double click on utility icon.
7. The tool should start, insert the device and click Start to format and make bootable.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.