Dell Inspiron N5010 Notebook PLDS DS-4E1S 12.7 Tray BD-Combo ED16, A03 for Win 7 64-bit Publisher's description
Dell Inspiron N5010 Notebook PLDS DS-4E1S 12.7 Tray BD-Combo ED16, A03 for Win 7 64-bit
Firmware update for PLDS DS-4E1S BD-Combo
Level of Importance: Recommended
Dell recommends applying this update during your next scheduled update cycle. The update contains feature enhancements or changes that will help keep your system software current and compatible with other system modules (firmware, BIOS, drivers and software).
1) Please close other applications before updating.
2) While the firmware is updating, please don't turn off the computer.
3) Please reboot the computer after the firmware update is completed.
Fixes and Enhancements
- Improve the compatibility with Blu-ray 3D playback.
- Improve the compatibility of DVD-R DL.
This is a Windows/DOS based firmware utility for PLDS DS-4E1S BD-Combo
Windows based firmware update for PLDS DS-4E1S BD-COMBO:-
1. Download and unzip the SE1_ED16.zip into your desktop.
2. In вЂњSE1_ED16вЂќ folder, please search for the вЂњWindowsвЂќ folder.
3. In вЂњWindowsвЂќ folder, please make sure you have the administrator right, and double click on вЂњED16WIN.EXEвЂќ
4. Click on вЂњUpdateвЂќ button. This may take as long as two minutes. Please wait for the process to complete.
5. You should see вЂњFirmware has been updated successfully!вЂќ
6. Windows must restart to complete this operation, please save all data and click on вЂњNowвЂќ.
DOS based firmware update for PLDS DS-4E1S BD-COMBO:-
1. Unzip the SE1_ED16.zip into your bootable USB key.
2. In вЂњDosвЂќ folder, just type вЂњED16DOS.EXEвЂќ.
3. Please select вЂњ1вЂќ (assume this is the only optical drive) and wait for 2 minutes.
4. You should see вЂњFirmware update successfully!вЂќ
5. Windows must restart to complete this operation, please вЂњyвЂќ.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.