Dell Inspiron 640m / E1405 Notebook Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection 10.5.0.2 (TIC 122640), A06 for XP Publisher's description
Dell Inspiron 640m / E1405 Notebook Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection 10.5.0.2 (TIC 122640), A06 for XP
Level of Importance: Urgent
Dell highly recommends applying this update as soon as possible. The update contains changes to improve the reliability and availability of your Dell system.
Customers considering updating from Windows XP SP1 to Windows XP SP2 should do so before installing the 10.5 release.
Fixes and Enhancements
* Closes WLAN driver security issue
* Fixes memory utilization issue
* Fixes connection issue after logoff and logon (802.1x and WPA Authentication)
* Fixes intermittent failure of s23evmon.exe on boot up in Windows XP x64
* Addresses interoperability issue with specific LOM Applications
* Fixes PROSet profile not migration issue after upgrade to 10.5 from previous PROSet versions
* Fixes intermittent authentication failure with Cisco 1200 Access Points in environments with heavy traffic
* Fixes failure to enter Auto-S3 when associated with security and PROSet UI open in Windows 2000
* Further improvements to logoff connectivity behavior for domain users
* See readme.txt in release for information regarding Single Sign On support.
Hard Drive Installation (via WinZip) with Setup.exe File for R134881.EXE
1.Click Download Now, to download the file.
2.When the File Download window appears, click Save (Windows XP users will click Save) this program to disk and click OK. The Save In: window appears.
3.From the Save In: field, click the down arrow then click to
select Desktop and click Save. The file will download to your desktop.
4.If the Download Complete window appears, click Close. The file icon appears on your desktop.
1.Double-click the new icon on the desktop labeled R134881.EXE.
2.The Self-Extracting window appears and prompts you to extract or unzip to C:DELLDRIVERSR134881. Write down this path so the executable (I.e.Setup.exe) file can be found later.
3.The Self-Extractor window appears.
5.After completing the file extraction, if the Self-Extractor
window is still open, close it.
6.Click the Start button and then click Run.
7.Type C:DELLDRIVERSR134881 in the Open textbox and then click OK.
8.Follow the on-screen installation instructions.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.