Dell Inspiron 1100 Notebooks QSI SBW 242 Slim 24X Combo UD30, A01 for XP Publisher's description
Dell Inspiron 1100 Notebooks QSI SBW 242 Slim 24X Combo UD30, A01 for XP
Level of Importance: Urgent
Dell highly recommends applying this update as soon as possible. The update contains changes to improve the reliability and availability of your Dell system.
This is a DOS based utility. The update will create a bootable diskette that must be used under DOS (not under Windowed DOS box). This flash will update the drive's firmware to UD30. You must remove the floppy disc and reboot the system before using the drive.
If the firmware reflash fails (e.g., system hangs, etc.), reboot the system and try again.
Fixes and Enhancements
This firmware addresses a clicking noise issue caused by an incompatibility between the QSI SBW 242 Combination drive and Sonic Record Now software.
Floppy Disk Boot to Disk for BR69578.exe
1. Click Download Now, to download the file.
2. If the Export Compliance Disclaimer window appears, click Yes, I Accept this Agreement.
3. When the File Download window appears, click Save (Windows XP
users will click Save) this program to disk and click OK. The Save In:
4. From the Save In: field, click the down arrow then click to
select Desktop and click Save. The file will download to your desktop.
5. If the Download Complete window appears, click Close. The file
icon appears on your desktop.
Hard Drive Floppy Disk Creation
1. Get 1 blank, formatted floppy disks.
2. Double-click the new icon (it looks like a floppy diskette) on
the desktop. The Self-Extractor window appears.
3. Click Setup. An black MS-DOS window appears with a message
indicating that you need 1 floppy diskettes.
4. Press the [ENTER] key.
A message appears prompting you to insert a blank floppy diskette. Insert
a floppy disk into the floppy disk drive.
5. Press the [ENTER] key. A message appears indicating that all
data on the disk will be erased.
6. Press the [y] key and then press the [ENTER] key.
The files are copied to the floppy diskette. If the procedure requires
more than one diskette, repeat steps 4 вЂ“ 6 until you reach the end of the
7. After all the files have been copied to the last floppy disk,
press the [ENTER] key and the MS-DOS window closes.
1. Insert the first (or the only) disk of the set into the Floppy
2. Click Start, click Shutdown, click Restart, and then click OK.
Windows XP Users need only click restart.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions.