Dell Inspiron 1100 Notebooks Conexant D480 MDC V.92 Modem 2.5.5, A02 for XP Publisher's description
Dell Inspiron 1100 Notebooks Conexant D480 MDC V.92 Modem 2.5.5, A02 for XP
Level of Importance: Optional
Dell recommends the customer review specifics about the update to determine if it applies to your system. The update contains changes that impact only certain configurations, or provides new features that may/may not apply to your environment.
Fixes and Enhancements
NetWaiting Release notes
Version 2.5.5 (03-06-03) (updated modemmoh.dll)
1. Correct RUS, NOR, DAN install translation string bugs.
2. Fixed HEB license file, bad characters.
3. Added netwaiting.ini file to all language folders for easy customization.
4. Added aboutn.ini file to all language folders for easy version number changes.
5. Added feature of MOH support on v.92 server after rate fallback.
6. Fixed on hold timer, specifically with Eclipse.
7. Changed v.90 support behavior. Disconnect with v.90 server support, ignore or disconnect on incoming call.
8. Increased amount of time subtracted from on hold timer to stablize reconnect.
Version 2.5.4 A (updated modemmoh.dll)
1. Fixed bug under 98SE, ME, and 2K so that NW will launch at windows startup when option selected.
2. Fixed address book bug under Japanese, junk characters.
3. Added feature to subtract time from on hold timer. Set to Dell standards.
4. Removed Advanced button.
6. changed how "do not show" option in splash screen works.
7. Changed help file name to meet Dell 8.3 standard.
8. Changed version number to include "A" representing generic build.
Version 2.14 (updated moh.exe)
1. New process of detecting v.92 or v.90 connection, to correct problem with Serial based external modem and option for outbound calling.
2. Added language support for Slovenia.
Hard Drive Installation (via WinZip) with Setup.exe File for R58072.EXE
1.Click Download Now, to download the file.
2.When the File Download window appears, click Save (Windows XP
users will click Save) this program to disk and click OK. The Save In:
3.From the Save In: field, click the down arrow then click to
select Desktop and click Save. The file will download to your desktop.
4.If the Download Complete window appears, click Close. The file
icon appears on your desktop.
1.Double-click the new icon on the desktop labeled R58072.EXE.
2.The Self-Extracting window appears and prompts you to extract or
unzip to C:\DELL\DRIVERS\r58072. Write down this path so the executable (I.e.
Setup.exe) file can be found later.
3.The Self-Extractor window appears.
5.After completing the file extraction, if the Self-Extractor
window is still open, close it.
6.Click the Start button and then click Run.
7.Type C:\DELL\DRIVERS\r58072 in the Open textbox and then click OK.
8.Follow the on-screen installation instructions.