Dell Inspiron 1000 Notebooks Wireless (US) WLAN Card 3.40.73 driver / 3.40.74 utility, A04 for XP Publisher's description
Dell Inspiron 1000 Notebooks Wireless (US) WLAN Card 3.40.73 driver / 3.40.74 utility, A04 for XP
Level of Importance: Optional
Dell recommends the customer review specifics about the update to determine if it applies to your system. The update contains changes that impact only certain configurations, or provides new features that may/may not apply to your environment.
This driver has been approved for use in North America. If you are not located in North America, please select R81434 or R81435 in the 'Previous Release' area.
Fixes and Enhancements
Same content as R81433 with announced support for Dell Wirelessв„ў 1350 WLAN (802.11b/g) PC Card.
This release has the following minor improvements for the Dell Wireless and Dell TrueMobile network adapters:
- Adds channels 149,153,157, and 161 to dual band cards in the US.
- Corrects Dual band scanning issue when using Windows to manage wireless on dual band cards in countries which use channels 100-140.
- Re-calibrated the signal strength meter on Dell Wireless 1450 in 802.11a band.
- Resolved several localization translation issues.
- Resolved interoperability issue with Linksys BEFDSR41W ADSL router w/ Instant Wireless WPC11 PCCARD.
- Corrects Single Sign ON issue which in rare cases could truncate username or password.
Driver version 3.40.73
Utility version 3.40.74
Hard Drive Installation (via WinZip) with Setup.exe File for R83097.EXE
1.Click Download Now, to download the file.
2.When the File Download window appears, click Save (Windows XP
users will click Save) this program to disk and click OK. The Save In:
3.From the Save In: field, click the down arrow then click to
select Desktop and click Save. The file will download to your desktop.
4.If the Download Complete window appears, click Close. The file
icon appears on your desktop.
1.Double-click the new icon on the desktop labeled R83097.EXE.
2.The Self-Extracting window appears and prompts you to extract or
unzip to C:\DELL\DRIVERS\r83097. Write down this path so the executable (I.e.
Setup.exe) file can be found later.
3.The Self-Extractor window appears.
5.After completing the file extraction, if the Self-Extractor
window is still open, close it.
6.Click the Start button and then click Run.
7.Type C:\DELL\DRIVERS\r83097 in the Open textbox and then click OK.
8.Follow the on-screen installation instructions.