Dell Adamo 13 Notebooks QuickSet 9.6.21, A07 for Vista 64-bit Publisher's description
Dell Adamo 13 Notebooks QuickSet 9.6.21, A07 for Vista 64-bit
Consumer QuickSet release for Windows x86/x64 on Inspiron/Studio/StudioXPS.
Level of Importance: Recommended
Dell recommends applying this update during your next scheduled update cycle. The update contains feature enhancements or changes that will help keep your system software current and compatible with other system modules (firmware, BIOS, drivers and software).
1. Always update to the latest BIOS before installing this QuickSet on your system.
2. You may need to manually uninstall the previsouly QuickSet (Start->Control Panel->Programs->Uninstall a program) before updating to this version.
Fixes and Enhancements
1. Improved the Caps Lock/Num Lock indicators to not block the keyboard input sometimes.
2. Avoided showing any on-screen display when a full-screen application is running.
Additional Information on some features.
1. Radio/Wireless activity control
You can control the on-board wireless devices using the wireless switch (OR) the Fn+F2 (OR) Fn2 hotkey depending on your system support. You can use MobilityCenter to configure the radios that the switch/hotkey would control.
2. Backlit keyboard:
- The control to the backlit keyboard is in the Mobility Center.
- This feature is only available when installing QuickSet on a system with backlit keyboard.
3. Extended Battery Life / Battery charge disable:
- These features can be accessed and configured within the Battery Meter (launched by Fn+F3).
4. Fn key behavior change:
- The behavior of Fn key can be chosen by the users to work as the normal function keys or work as multimedia keys. This can be done by choosing the preferred mode by opening the Mobility Center.
5. Display Switch
- When running in Vista, QuickSet will show the on-screen display when Fn1 or Fn+F1 or the display switch key is pressed.
- For some platforms, this function will be replaced by the native display switch feature provided by Windows 7.
Hard Drive Installation (via WinZip) with Setup.exe File for Dell_QuickSet_A07_R272666.exe
1.Click Download Now, to download the file.
2.When the File Download window appears, click Save (Windows XP
users will click Save) this program to disk and click OK. The Save In:
3.From the Save In: field, click the down arrow then click to
select Desktop and click Save. The file will download to your desktop.
4.If the Download Complete window appears, click Close. The file
icon appears on your desktop.
1.Double-click the new icon on the desktop labeled Dell_QuickSet_A07_R272666.exe.
2.The Self-Extracting window appears and prompts you to extract or
unzip to C:DELLDRIVERSR272666. Write down this path so the executable (I.e.
Setup.exe) file can be found later.
3.The Self-Extractor window appears.
5.After completing the file extraction, if the Self-Extractor
window is still open, close it.
6.Click the Start button and then click Run.
7.Type C:DELLDRIVERSR272666 in the Open textbox and then click OK.
8.Follow the on-screen installation instructions.