Dell Latitude 2100 Netbook HLDS GX10N External slim USB Slotload 8X DVDRW A106, A02 for Win 7 Publisher's description
Dell Latitude 2100 Netbook HLDS GX10N External slim USB Slotload 8X DVDRW A106, A02 for Win 7
Windows/Linux based firmware flash update for HLDS GX10N DVDRW
Level of Importance: Recommended
Dell recommends applying this update during your next scheduled update cycle. The update contains feature enhancements or changes that will help keep your system software current and compatible with other system modules (firmware, BIOS, drivers and software).
1) This contains Windows/Linux based firmware flash utility.
2) Please close other applications before updating.
3) While the firmware is updating, please don't turn off the computer.
4) Please reboot the computer after the firmware update is completed.
Fixes and Enhancements
- Improve the compatibility of DVD+RW multi session burning
- Ensure Windows 7 compatibility
This is a Windows/Linux based firmware flash update for HLDS GX10N DVDRW
Windows based firmware flash update for HLDS GX10N DVDRW:-
1. Download and unzip the GX10A106.zip into your desktop.
2. In "GX10A106" folder, please search for the "Windows" folder.
3. In "Windows" folder, please make sure you have the administrator right, and double click on "GX10N_A106.exe"
4. The flash utility will pop up accordingly, you will observe the window of "Drive Updater". Please click on "Update".
5. You will observe the message of "Now updating. It takes a few minutes. Don't turn off the PC".
6. When it is done, you will observe the message of "Updating was completed successfully. Please reboot the PC". Please click on "Reboot" if you would like to restart the system.
Linux based firmware flash update for HLDS GX10N DVDRW:-
1. Extract the GX10A106.zip into your USB key.
2. Use the command line interface, execute ВЎВ°fwup-linux-GX10N-A106ВЎВ± in the Linux folder.
3. Please follow the on-screen instruction accordingly.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.