DLINK DWL-2100AP Firmware 2.11 Publisher's description
DLINK DWL-2100AP Firmware 2.11
* Change default SSID to dlink.
* Change configuration file extension from CFG to DCF.
* Add Super G enable/disable in AP Repeater mode.
* Add SSID broadcast enable/disable in AP Repeater mode.
* Add manager IP filter support.
* Add WMM support.
With the D-Link 108G enhancement, the DWL-2100AP can achieve a maximum wireless signal rate of up to 108Mbps* in a pure Super G environment through the use of new wireless technology such as Packet Bursting, Fast Frame, Compression & Encryption, and Turbo mode. These technologies enable a throughput high enough to handle video/audio streaming and future bandwidth-intense applications. The DWL-2100AP also supports SNMP v.3 for better network management with the provided Wireless AP Manager software that manages network configuration and firmware upgrades. For Enterprise networks, the DWL-2100AP supports network administration and real-time network traffic monitoring via D-Link's D-View Network Management software.
The DWL-2100AP features WDS (Wireless Distribution System) that can be configured to perform in any one of five modes: a Wireless Access Point, a Point-to-Point (PtP) bridge with another DWL-2100AP, a Point-to-Multipoint (PtMP) bridge, a Repeater for range extension, or as a Wireless Client. The WDS feature makes the DWL-2100AP an ideal solution for quickly creating and extending a wireless local area network (WLAN) in offices or other workplaces, or even at hotspots.
Wireless security is addressed as the DWL-2100AP uses WPA (Wi-Fi Protected Access) and 802.1X authentication to provide a higher level of security for data communication amongst wireless clients. The DWL-2100AP is also fully compatible with the IEEE 802.11b and 802.11g standards.
* Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE Standard 802.11g specifications. Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.