Creative Zen Touch Firmware 2.11.01 Publisher's description
Creative Zen Touch Firmware 2.11.01
Playing music is fun with the Creative Zen Touch's easy navigation. Available in both 20GB and 40GB, it is built to hold 10,000 WMA songs and 16,000 WMA songs respectively with an incredible 24 hour battery life at 128kbps MP3 or 32 hour at 48kbps. It is the perfect travel companion for any trip.
This firmware update enhances your Zen Touch with PlaysForSure functionality.
PlaysForSure devices enable you to:
* Use subscription-based online music services
* Enjoy seamless support with any computer running Microsoft Windows Media Player 10 and Windows XP - no drivers or software needed
* Use the drag-and-drop method to transfer songs or files to your player through Windows Explorer
* Use the Sync feature in Windows Media Player 10 to synchronize your player with your music library and playlists.
* This firmware update permanently replaces your player's current firmware. Your player's firmware cannot be reverted to version 1.xx.xx once this update is installed.
* This firmware is only for players that are used with Windows XP Service Pack 1 or Service Pack 2 (SP1 or SP2) and Windows Media Player 10.
* Be sure to back up all the audio and data files on your Zen Touch before installing this firmware update as all content will be lost when you install the new firmware. After installing the PlaysForSure firmware, use Windows Media Player 10 to restore audio and/or data files to your player.
* Software updates are required if you want to use any currently installed applications like Creative MediaSource???, NOMAD??? Explorer, or other track management tools with your player after installing this firmware.
* Installation of this firmware may take up to five minutes, and your device may restart a number of times during installation.
* Do not disconnect the USB cable from your player or computer during installation.
* Be sure to fully charge your player before updating the firmware.
* Ensures proper functionality when Custom EQ is enabled.
* Windows XP SP1 or SP2
* Windows Media Player 10
* Creative Zen Touch
* PlaysForSure devices may reduce the maximum number of media files your player can support due to additional memory requirements.
* To install this firmware update
1. Download the ZenTouchP4S_PCFW_LB_2_11_01.exe file into your local hard disk.
2. Connect your player to your computer.
3. Double-click the firmware update file and follow the instructions on the screen.
* While updating your player's firmware, you may be informed that an application is preventing the firmware update. Should this occur,
1. Start Creative MediaSource.
2. On the menu bar, click Tools -> Settings.
3. Click the Detector tab.
4. Click the Enable Detector checkbox to uncheck it.
5. Restart your computer.
6. Try updating the firmware again.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.