Creative Zen Micro PlaysForSure Firmware 2.21.02 Publisher's description
Creative Zen Micro PlaysForSure Firmware 2.21.02
This firmware update adds Audible audio content support and improves the functionality of your PlaysForSure enabled Zen Micro player.
It also adds PlaysForSure and Audible support to Zen Micro players currently without PlaysForSure firmware.
* Be sure to back up all the audio and data files on your Zen Micro before installing this firmware update as all content will be lost when you install the new firmware. After installing the firmware, use Windows Media Player 10 to restore audio and/or data files to your player.
* This firmware will currently ONLY work on Windows XP or Windows XP Professional x64.
* Installation of this firmware may take up to 5 minutes, and your device may reboot a number of times during installation.
* Software updates are required if you want to use any currently installed applications like Creative MediaSource, Zen Media Explorer, or other track management tools with your player.[Click here].
* Supports the playback of Audible Type 2, 3 and 4 tracks
o To transfer Audible audio content, you must have AudibleManager version 4.00 or later installed
* Improves battery life by reducing the Standby mode duration to 4 hours.
Your player goes into Standby mode when either Sleep Timer or Idle Shutdown is enabled.
* Improves your player's compatibility with online music subscription services
* Adds Russian language support
* Displays the "No tracks in Music Library" message properly when your player's language is not set to English
* Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 1 or 2, or Windows XP Professional x64
* Windows Media Player 10 installed on your computer
* Available USB port (version 1.1 or higher)
* For non-PlaysForSure players only: Creative Zen Micro drivers, available from the Installation CD or the Internet
* Creative Zen Micro player
PlaysForSure devices enable you to:
* Enjoy seamless support with any computer running Windows Media Player 10 and Windows XP with Service Pack 1 or 2 or Windows XP x64 - no drivers or software needed
* Drag-and-drop songs or files to your player through Windows Explorer
* Use Auto Sync and Windows Media Player 10 playlist support
* Use future subscription-based online music services
PlaysForSure-enabled devices may:
* reduce the maximum number of media files because of additional memory requirements.
* To install this firmware update, do the following:
1. Download the ZenMicroP4S_PCFW_L16_2_21_02.exe file into your local hard disk.
2. Connect the player to your computer.
3. Double-click the firmware upgrade file and follow the instructions on the screen.
* If a dialog box appears, telling you that an application is interfering with the update process, do the following:
1. Launch Creative MediaSource Player/Organizer.
2. Click Tools -> Settings.
3. Click the Detector tab.
4. In the Device(s) to Detect window, make sure that the Enable Detector checkbox is not selected.
5. Restart your computer.
6. Install the firmware update again.
* To skip sections within an Audible track:
1. From the Now Playing screen, firmly tap the Vertical Touch Pad.
2. Move your thumb up and down the Vertical Touch Pad to select a section to skip to.
3. Firmly tap the Vertical Touch Pad to skip to the selected section.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.