Canon Laser imageCLASS MF8050Cn Firmware Update Publisher's description
from CANON INC
Canon Laser imageCLASS MF8050Cn Firmware Update
A critical error may occur if another computer or application communicateswith the printer (for example, printing) while the firmware is beingupdated.
Do not turn OFF the printer or disconnect the interface cable (USB or LANcable) while the firmware is being updated.
*In order to prevent this error:
- Connect either USB cable or LAN cable. (USB cable is recommended, as itis not affected by other computers.)
- Disconnect the telephone cable from your printer to prevent FAXinterruption while firmware update.
- When connecting with a USB cable, do not connect the cable via a USBhub, as this may cause a connection error.
- When the printer is connected with a LAN cable, do not perform printingwhile the firmware is being updated.
- The printer may need service when a critical error occurs, such as theprinter will not function after it has been turned on.
Firmware and instruction files have been compressed.
The following instructions show you how to download the compressed filesand decompress them.
1. To download files, click the file link, select [Save], and specify the directory where you want to save the file.
The download will start automatically.
2. Downloaded files are saved in the specified folder in a self-extractingformat (.exe format).
3. Double-click the files to decompress them. A new folder will be createdin the same folder.
4. Open the decompressed PDF file. Follow this PDF instruction to start the firmware update.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.